Friday, June 29, 2007

Notes from the crawl...

1) We started in Yorkville yet again, and I'm pretty sure that we saw Jude Law at our first stop. We were sitting on the patio, right by the entrance, and he was leaving. My friend and I were talking and we both stopped and gave each other a very pointed "Is that Jude Law?" look. I'm pretty sure it was, even though he had a totally awkward haircut. About 20 minutes after he left, he returned with really red eyes. Oh yeah - my first celebrity gossip scoop!

One of my coworkers at this point spilled a glass of merlot all over one of my other coworkers. The waitress brought us a spray called "Wine Away", which totally got all of the wine off her jeans. Miraculous!

2) Our second stop was a book launch. My coworker had a couple of poems published in an anthology. We stayed for all of the readings; they were mosly pretty good. However, standing in a hot little bookstore for 1.5 hrs killed the buzz that I'd gotten from stop #1.

3) We moved from the launch to dinner at a cute pub we discovered last year. I now know where to get Toronto's best Mac & Cheese.

4) We meandered to College St, were we ran into two teaching assistants from our school who thought it was hi-larious to see 6 teachers out on the town. We told them to bring us someplace to do shots and we ended up at this club that was in a garage on a side street. There we saw a few men in skirts dancing to house music. We had shots of amaretto and sambuca, and joined in on the dancing.

5) Next stop was a grungy bar that one of my coworkers loves. We slowed down our drinking pace momentarily and slowly sipped our drinks to loud rock music.

6) At our next stop, I moved on to drinking peach martinis. We then made plans for next school year - important stuff like starting a Friday lunch tradition and stuff. At this point, we were all pretty drunk and high-fiving each other a lot, because apparently, I tend to high five people a lot when I'm drunk.

7) Last stop was Sneaky Dee's - which I honestly think is the best last stop on a pub crawl because they have pretty great poutine. Anyhow, our waitress ended up spilling a plate of poutine on my coworker (who was wearing white, of course). My other coworker exclaimed "Oh no! My ketchup!" as this happened. We were all laughing hysterically at this point, and the waitress was apologizing profusely. She spent 10 mintues with us, cleaning off my coworker's sweater with baking soda and club soda as we continued to laugh. She ended up bringing us a round of apology shots.

I think it was about 4 am when I made it home. Ahhh, I love the end of the school year. :)

2 comments:

Aaron said...

All sounds awesome in your crawl to drunkeness, except for an hour and a half poetry reading. I understand a half hour tops to hear the co-workers stuff, but an hour and a half, like you say, definite buzz-kill. All in all sounds like an awesome time!

Have you looked up the gossip on Jude Law?

And the picture you commented on in my blog on the laptop is from the 2005 MG tour at a show at Elements (formerly 'The Lyric') in Kitchener. Original pic is here: http://thevoid-mattgood.buzznet.com/user/photos/?id=1816353

AlieMalie said...

hehehe. i love the, "my ketchup" line.

sounds like y'all had a good time. next time, i'm joining Y'ALL'S pubcrawl and not the Texans'.