Friday, July 27, 2007

Or will you spend your life in the cinema?

I'm just back from seeing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. (And you thought things were going to get less Harry Potter around here since I finished the book.) It's my favourite Harry Potter movie hands down. I loved it. I think it's because I am quite partial to that book because I think young Harry's got the makings of a fine educator. Even they changed some details, and left a few things out, I think it was a fine adaptation and I can't wait for #6. Oh man, the stuff that'll go down in #6 will be crazy.

Anyhow, I'm coming to the close of my first week of real vacation (i.e. no course). It's been swell. I'm totally finished unpacking, and I've got all of my stuff up on the walls, so my apartment is feeling quite like home now. All I need is a coffee table. I'm using a large blue Rubbermaid container as a makeshift coffee table right now. It's actually making me quite nostalgic for the old apartment because the very same container was used as a coffee table before my roommate got one.

One thing I really do miss about having a roommate is having someone to show stuff to when you come home from shopping. One thing I find dangerous about summer vacay in Toronto, is that I have a lot of free time, and I like to go for walks in my free time, and it means that I invariably end up shopping. Now, a solution for this problem would be to leave all forms of payment at home, but unfortunately, I end up actually having to go shopping for a specific item, and leaving with a few extras. Today's task was to buy a sweater to go with the dress I'm wearing my old roommate's wedding, and I ended up with that, a new T-shirt ($7!) and two pairs of shoes. In my defense, the shoes were super on sale, and will be really good for work once I have to bite that bullet. Anyhow, earlier in the week, when I accidentally bought a different super-cute shirt (damn these summer sales!), I got said shirt home and wasn't sure if I liked it anymore. So, I used the self-timer on my handy camera, took a pic, and sent it to some friends who assured me it was indeed cute. Technology is great, eh?

Okay, tomorrow I have to go shopping again, this time for a wedding present for my old roommate. Which brings me to the topic of my trip out west, which is coming upon me really fast. I leave on Tuesday! And, I'm starting to think about all kinds of last minute details that I need to iron out soon. Thank goodness I have this weekend.

Anyhow, it's late so I should go to bed. I need to get up early tomorrow since I have a bajillion errands to run. Hope you all have excellent Fridays!

2 comments:

AlieMalie said...

the HP films just keep getting better! can't wait for the last two though i'll be sad when they all come to an end - the last movie will have such a finality to it. no more books. no more movies. :(

moving on to more enjoyable things ... shopping! and travel! and summer vacay! how exciting. glad you're enjoying your summer now and woohoo! for awesome summer sales. here's to having an awesome trip! :)

Aaron said...

You sound like the perfect candidate to take my mom shopping. I picked her up after she went to the 'big city' for a concert last night, and all she could talk about is how she walked around the Eaton Center all afternoon and couldn't find a top she liked.

Hopefully your errands went well.