Sunday, September 23, 2007

I know I know it's the sky that makes the ocean blue.

It's late Saturday, technically Sunday morning, and again I'm amazed at how quickly weekend days fly by. I wish I could slow time at will.

I recently bought season 1 of Heroes on DVD and my pal Becca T and I have been working on watching it together. We're almost done. On Friday night, we got take out sushi, and watched a bunch of episodes during which we consumed a bottle of wine. We've just started disc 6 out 7, so we've almost reached our goal. The season premiere is on Monday. We won't be done in time for it, but I'll tape it and I'm sure we'll be caught up. I really like the show. I figured that a good Monday night show would be a good addition to my week. I love having TV to look forward to.

Today I slept in and lazed around my place using the fact that I'm trying to get rid of the last vestiges of my cold as a reason for my sloth. I read a bit and watched the 1998 movie Elizabeth. In the late afternoon, I tackled my dishes and brought down the large pile of recycling that I'd been avoiding for weeks, so I don't feel that the day was wholly unproductive.

This evening I went to a party at Becca T's. It was pretty fun. I got to see a couple of friends that I hadn't seen in a long time, plus my dear friends Jon & Ali showed up unexpectedly and we had fun.

It's crazy how fast time flies. I'm still amazed that people I met in university, who I consider my "new" friends, have actually known me for almost 10 years now. It's weird talking to new people and realizing that this is my fifth year teaching.

I guess it all makes me wish that I could bend space and time just like Hiro on Hereos.

ps The new Ben Lee CD is super fun. I recommend it if you like fun poppy music that you can sing along with.

3 comments:

wes said...

They had a marathon of Heroes on tv last spring leading up to the season finale, so I caught a good chunk of that. It was interesting, but I found the season finale to be very anti-climatic and I wasn't interested enough to continue with the new season. It kind of seemed like the story ended, and now they were just making up new stuff to keep it going. I really hate it when shows do that. I'll look forward to when Lost is back on in the new year. :)

Anonymous said...

did you get it?

X said...

I never got into heros but I heard it was good. Better than CSI Miami I bet...and I'm obsessed with that for no particular reason.