Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thought it was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls...

Wow, it's been a busy week since my last blog post. First of all, I met up with three fellow bloggers (Claire, AlieMalie, and Scott) on Friday night for a tri-nation blogger summit (or so I decided to christen it). It was super fun. AlieMalie and Claire were both visiting Toronto at the same time, so they met up with me at the Portuguese bakery near my work, where I so smoothly ordered a lovely pastry that tasted like ice cream by saying "can I have the round chocolate thing?"

Following pastries, AlieMalie bravely drove us across the city to my place which something I won't even do, as you probably know that I'm an infamously nervous city driver as other bloggers will confirm. Then after a quick stop at my place to drop off stuff, we proceeded to tour Toronto via TTC and foot during which we stopped for drinks and food and some of my fave haunts.

Anyhow, it was totally fun meeting some bloggers in real-life. I'm pretty new to the whole meeting bloggers in real-life thing, but from the four I've now met, I've found that they end up being very close to what you'd expect from their blogs. And, I think, I end up being the way I seem here. So, I guess blogs are pretty good representations of people, or at least the people whose blogs I read.

On Sunday, I met up with my some of my university friends with whom I have a book club which has been on hiatus for about a year. We picked our next selection (Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen) and purchased it since we met at Indigo. So now I have that to read, in addition to Love in the Time of Cholera for my staff book club. Hopefully, I'll get back into reading mode, because I have not been able to finish a book since I finished Middlesex in September. I've started many, but I seem to have the attention span of a goldfish these days.

I'm quite excited for Halloween tomorrow. Typically, I never get myself organized enough to dress up for the occasion, but last night I picked up the necessities for a good witch costume, including black nail polish (which I'm wearing now - I feel so goth!), and sparkly fake eyelashes. I'm sure the kids will take me seriously in that getup while I'm trying to teach. If I have to get anyone in trouble, I'll probably feel a bit like Michael from the Office firing someone on Halloween.

Anyhow, things to look forward to in the coming week or so include going out for drinks with my coworkers while we're still decked out in our costumes, going to St. Ratford for part of this weekend since I can score a free ride one way, starting a crochet class with one of my coworkers (I'm branching out from knitting!), and, most importantly, the Weakerthans' concert next Thursday. :D

6 comments:

AlieMalie said...

was supremely awesome hanging out with you in Toronto!

let us know how Love in the Time of Cholera is, s'il vous plait. i tried reading it a few years back and never made it past the first chapter.

hope you have a Happy Halloween! :)

Scott said...

It was a pleasure to meet you. It is true that people do seem to be pretty similar to their blog characters, this is a good thing.

I read Water for Elephants a while back, really liked it.

Anonymous said...

love in the time of cholera is really good if you can get by the beginning. it's one of those books that grows on you as you read i think.

Claire said...

Heh. Our tri-nation meet was the schizzle :-).

Cxx

The Grunt said...

Great! That is cool you got to meet Scott and those others. If it is true that bloggers are like their blogs I bet that makes you really pause when considering me, lol!

wes said...

You're all trouble makers!! That's all I have to say about that. :)