I feel like I haven't had a quiet night at home like I'm having right now in awhile. I had thought that I had plans to watch Heroes with Becca T, but she has to work, so I'm taping it and saving it to watch it later. It's much more fun to watch Heroes with my Heroes buddy.
Since I'd thought I'd be busy tonight, I didn't bother bringing any work home (I'll pay for that tomorrow), so I've been sitting around, drinking tea, listening to music, and reading. I think I may finally finish my first book since September. I've started about 5 or 6, but I keep losing interest fast.
I had quite a nice weekend. I spent Friday night helping Claire say goodbye to Toronto. We went out for drinks on Queen St. and had quite a good time. She was kind enough to bring me a copy of this week's Eye Magazine, which she had noticed had my beloved Weakerthans on the cover. I get to see them this Thursday!! And, from the article, I learned that *Christine Fellows* will be opening for them and she is also coming out with a new album tomorrow (it was reviewed well). I am very excited to purchase it tomorrow so that I can listen to it in preparation for this week's show. Oh, and I'm expanding my spending allowance to one Weakerthans Tshirt and perhaps a Christine Fellows' Tshirt too. Woo-hoo!
I had to wake up quite early the next morning because I was catching a ride home with a friend. I spent a quite weekend in Stratford; my only social activity was going out for a beverage with a couple of friends.
I also spent some time hanging out with my parents. We watched "Reign Over Me" (a serious Adam Sandler movie), which I enjoyed overall. I also skunked my dad in a game of cribbage, which always makes me happy.
Tomorrow I start my crochet course, which makes me happy. I like being crafty. Then, I'll just be in count-down to Weakerthans mode for a couple of days. Expect a review post soon after the show!
4 comments:
i welcome the increases the loonie has made recently. it's a positive thing for buffalo and niagara falls... as more canadians will be coming over to our side to visit. i like seeing ontario plates over in the states, and it brings in outside cash infusing some activity in the otherwise moribund economy of the area. it's a win-win i think.
btw. the heroes episode tonight is all mysterious and good. i think it might be my favorite of the season so far.
I really enjoyed Reign Over Me; much more than Punch Drunk Love. And the Pearl Jam cover that closes out the movie is great.
Hmm, a promised show review, sounds familliar. Maybe I should get on writing one of those!
I have always thought that if they did a sequel to "Rain Man" that Adam Sandler could be Dustin Hoffman's illegitimate child. They could count stuff for two hours strait, making strange noises and comments along the way.
I just want you to know that I could have used that for a post idea. That is how much I like you.
Post a Comment