One of my coworkers has organized an after-work yoga class on Tuesdays, and I got myself talked into joining. Last week was our first session, and I really enjoyed it despite the fact that before the class I was a slightly-skeptical yoga virgin. I'll admit that I felt the effects of the yoga in my weak shoulders and arms the day after, but I still really enjoyed it and felt super relaxed after the class. (Note: my favourite part is the last pose, called the corpse pose, where you just lie there on the mat. I like it because I like lying around, and the word corpse makes me think of my favourite movie: Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.)
Anyway, yesterday I missed the second class because I had gone on a field trip. I still brought my fashionable yoga gear to school just in case I made back in time, but I didn't. Today I heard that everyone was really sore from yesterday's class, so I'm a little bit scared of next week's class.
Since I had my clothes with me, I headed to the gym right after work. I walked home at about 6:30 pm, dreaming of making myself a warm and tasty dinner. As I approached my building, I noticed it was strangely dark, as were the buildings around it. I stumbled up the darkened stairs to my apartment, used the backlight on my iPod to help me locate candles, and gave my parents a call. Since they always watch the 6 pm Toronto news, I figured they would be a good substitute for the internet to find out what was up. They did not disappoint me, and it turns out that there was some sort of underground explosion that lead to a good portion of my street being without power.
Since making a nice warm dinner was out of the question, I decided to take myself out for some sushi, and to buy a flashlight. My sushi was delicious, and on my way to get a flashlight I stumbled across a super cute pair of black wedge heels that were on sale that I just had to buy. They'll forever be known to me as my power failure shoes. I was so excited by them that I *almost* forgot about the flashlight.
I love (note a little bit of sarcasm) that the power went out on a night where the temperature was dropping quickly, and I spent the night in my warmest pjs, huddled under blankets and using up the last battery power on my cell phone. I'm really enjoying my electricity this evening: I love that I can comfortably sit in my apartment wearing my favourite red tank top and think about how in two weeks from today, I'll be on March Break and I'll be in Texas where the weather will be much, much warmer. :)
On tap for this weekend: not leaving Toronto (after going to St.Ratford last weekend for my dad's bday and a packed social calendar, and of course NYC the weekend before), a bday dinner at a Moroccan restaurant with belly dancers, and a whole lot of relaxing or so I hope. Yay!
2 comments:
Now I'm wondering what the underground explosion was.
Belly dancers? Why even think about leaving!
Hmm missed any mention of this explosion, just more talk about the Queen St. fire.
Post a Comment