Monday, March 24, 2008

Are you restless like me?

Yesterday was my blog's third birthday.

I'd known the bday was coming up for awhile, and I didn't feel like navigating the slowness of dial-up at the 'rents house, so I decided that I'd do the post today. I think that I would have forgotten about it, but this morning as I was on the train back to Toronto, I was listening to all of my Kathleen Edwards stuff on shuffle on my iPod, which included the album "Back To Me" which I always associate with the time period during which I started blogging.

I went back and read last year's blogoversary post to see what was going on last year. As I skimmed through last March's archives, I was amazed by the number of posts; I was blogging every 2 days! How did I find so much to say? I find these days I'm usually hurting to find something to blog about, or actually finding the time to blog.

I also noticed that I had complained about not having seen the Weakerthans in two years. Well, since then, I've see them *four times* (one being at SXSW, of course)! Yeah, baby!

Also, I was nervous/excited about having to move to my own place during the summer. Well, here I sit in said apartment now. I really feel like I lucked out. I love this apartment and I am digging the whole being on my own thing. I had thought that I'd get a cat when I had my own place. That hasn't happened. I think that an insane amount of running around (trips out West, Montreal, New York, Texas) has delayed me in that venture. I dunno about the cat thing. I'd still like a pet, but I enjoy the freedom, and lack of hair, brought about by not having a cat.

Lastly, in last year's blogoversary post, I'd commented that I'd enjoyed the social networking of blogging. Since then, I've actually met bloggers in real life, and I feel that my blog-life has totally overlapped with my real life. I've visited some bloggers, have had others visit me, participated in many blogger-CD exchanges, and just totally made friends for life through this thing. That was a totally unexpected, but very pleasant side effect of blogging that materialized in the past year of blogging.

So yeah, even though I feel that my posting mojo has perhaps waned in the past year, my blog is still an integral facet of my life, and it'll be interesting to see what will have happened in life come the next blogoversary.

I'll leave you with an awesome SXSW picture taken by my blog buddy AlieMalie ('cuz she's got mad camera skills) during the Weakerthans show. :)

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Fish are the new cat; they'll probably pay you more attention too!

The Grunt said...

Happy Blogoversary! I'm glad that you are a blogmate of mine. Plus, I am so happy to have someone else operating on the same Simpson's wavelength that I am:)

Claire said...

Your apartment rocks! Happy Blogoversary, sweetie!

Cxx