...is the Ghostland Observatory quote that came to mind as I sit here in my apartment thinking about how I have to go back to work tomorrow after a fantastic March Break.
I saw Ghostland Observatory play during my very brief post-SXSW jaunt to Dallas at the end of my trip. They are a super fun electro-rock band from Austin, and I think the above song is totally becoming my new party anthem. Dallas was fun, and I got to see a little bit extra of it this morning when I flew out. Turns out there are *two* Dallas airports, and I of course went to the wrong one to fly home. Thank goodness I tend to arrive for flights at crazy-early times, and had just enough time to call AlieMalie and say "I'm at the wrong airport" and have her get me and deposit me at the correct airport.
The fact that the Dallas airport snafu sorted itself out, gives me hope that the Air-Canada-"delaying"-my-bag snafu will also sort itself out. Yup. Hate when that happens. Mostly because it makes me think of all of the money I have tied up in the clothing/beauty products/shoes that I shove into my bag in order to cover all possible fashion bases while on vacay. It seemed like the bags of a lot of people on my flight also didn't make it to Toronto, so I don't feel so worried. But, the worst this is that my new green hi-top Chucks will not be able to be worn on St. Patrick's Day! Gah!!!!
Anyway, let's check off the things that were accomplished during this trip:
a) Fulfilled life-long dream of going to SXSW
b) Saw REM in a small venue
c) Fulfilled life-long dream of seeing The Weakerthans at SXSW. Now I just have to see them play *in Winnipeg* and maybe all of my life-long Weakerthans related dreams will be fulfilled.
d) Saw the Alamo. My mother says that my father will be pleased of this.
e) Scored three new Starbucks City Mugs (Austin, San Antonio, Dallas). All of them are validated by spending time in each city.
f) Fell in love with Austin Texas. Great food. Cupcake-mobiles. Bats. Bands. Great indie shopping. Music everywhere. What's not to love?
g) Got to spend time with an awesome blog buddy. :) Who'd have ever thought that starting this thing almost three years ago would ultimately result in me going to SXSW, and making awesome friends?
h) Saw Kimya Dawson perform "Loose Lips", my 2nd fave song from the Juno soundtrack.
i) Got to see a really small, really awesome Blue Rodeo concert with lots of random Canadians (and others) hopping up on stage.
j) Got a sunburn while participating in St. Patrick's day activities. Can't do that here.
Okay, however, sadly, March Break is at an end. *sigh* I have to wake up for work in 5 hours. Oh, there ain't no party in the sad, sad city for sure.
4 comments:
Sounds like a rocking good time. Glad that you had so much fun. Boo to the lost luggage though, what a pain in the ass.
wow, sounds like an all around great trip. how was rem? i've yet to see them, and in a small venue nonetheless!
I love my blog buddies! When you girls coming over here?
Cxx
PS And, what's your favourite song on the Juno soundtrack then?
Austin sounds like a great place. I'm glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment