A bunch of randomness on this sunny Monday that has the unfortunate misfortune (okay, maybe that was redundant but I'm leaving it) of being the start of a yucky week because I am very behind at work, and I have some deadlines coming up. Hence the blogging. Great procrastination tool.
1) Yesterday I was really crabby. It could have been due to a number of reasons, such as the looming hell of this upcoming week; buyer's remorse after I purchased a something very extravagant whilst shopping in Buffalo (I won't say what it is so that I can cover up how shallow I really am); the fact that everyone in my book club, except for the ever faithful Becca T, canceled on Sunday's meeting *after* I woke up early and went grocery shopping and cleaned my apartment; the fact that last week's cold is still lingering; or the fact that I did not have any caffeine. After a bit of thought, I realized that it was most likely the caffeine issue, and I went for a latte post haste and cheered up. I can't believe that I've gotten this addicted to caffeine. I used to just be a social drinker of coffee beverages, but now I have to have two a day, or else I'm a bit emotionally unstable. Goodness.
2) I love the new Death Cab for Cutie song "I Will Possess Your Heart". Emolicious I declare. I'm really looking forward to their new album.
3) Guilty pleasure = "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. Shhh.
4) I bought tickets to a top secret event for Becca T's 30th bday in June. I'm pretty sure she never reads my blog, so I'm safe talk about it here. But, just in case, I've cleverly hidden what it is in this sentence, so the rest of you can figure it out, but she will remain in the dark, if she reads this, which she won't.
5) I just discovered that eating a cinnamon Altoid whilst drinking hot chocolate is extremely tasty. It reminds me of the taste of a Hagan Daas flavour of ice cream called Mayan Chocolate or something. I've only had that ice cream once, but decided that would be it, because I could get extremely addicted to it, since I do have an addictive personality, I think.
6) Whoa that sentence about about ice cream was extremely run-on. I would totally take marks off if I was an English teacher. But I'm leaving it.
7) When I go shopping in the US with friends, we will always eat at a chain restaurant that we don't have here like Chili's, or the Olive Garden (at least we don't have those in Ontario anymore). This weekend it was TGIFriday's, and I got one of their massive margaritas, which was tasty and rendered this lightweight a little bit tipsy. I totally entertained my friend when we went to a grocery store afterwards to stock up on junk food that we don't have here. I ended up buying chocolate-covered Altoids, which further strengthens my hypothesis that I do sometimes make some pretty good decisions under the influence of alcohol.
8) Oh look, since I just spent the past 30 minutes blogging and facebook-ing, it's time for bed and I don't have time to work on report card comments, and marking, etc. What a shame.
2 comments:
I need to try the cinnamon Altoids + hot chocolate thingy ASAP.
Hahahahaha. Most of my posts are done when I'm avoiding work! And Becca T rocks!
Cxx
PS What did you buy?
Post a Comment