Sunday, May 11, 2008

All in all was a pretty nice day.

I have had quite the productive Sunday, considering I faced a day-filled with a list of doing stuff that I don't so much care for. I cleaned my whole apartment, went to the gym, ran a bunch of errands, and did so work for my online course. The only thing I have not knocked off of my to-do list is some marking, but I figured that blogging while drinking hot chocolate was more important than that.

I had a great Saturday. I met up with my friends Flora and Becca T, and we did some hardcore shopping (I didn't spend too much money either!), then went out for a yummy dinner followed by gelato. There is a gelato place near my apartment that I've passed by millions of times (ironically I pass it usually on my way to the gym), but I've never actually gone to the place. Oh, my goodness. Yum. It was excellent. I think my goal for the summer will be to try every flavour in the place. I guess that means I'll have to go to the gym more often too...

Next weekend is the May long weekend (it's early this year), and after that it means that everyone in my workplace will be thinking of one thing: summer vacay. Quite honestly, I've already been thinking about it, and determining my plans. Trips to Newfoundland and Las Vegas may be on my plate, but I'll give more info when and if they're done deals. I also have one wedding to go to, which will be a mini-roadtrip in itself.

In addition, I'll have my silly online course to finish off in July (think of the money Christielli), and I might have gotten myself into cooking lessons from a friend from work. I don't know about that. If I learn to cook, maybe I'll then have to cook, and I'll have to take down my inspirational saying "Any pot is a no-stick pot if you no-cook in it" from my fridge. I'm not sure about that.

Anyhow, it's almost the start of a new week, but on the bright side, I'm one week closer to summer than I was at this time last week. :D

3 comments:

Aaron said...

There's something all wrong about the May 2-4 being a weekend before the 24th.

Boo online courses, but its better than an in-class course I suppose?

The Grunt said...

Cooking lessons sound fun. I was unfortunate and learned to cook from my high school job working at McDonald's.

Claire said...

"Any pot is a no-stick pot if you no-cook in it"

Awesome.

Cxx