Random musings from a Wednesday that was far too cold and rainy for my likings:
1) I feel like I've been attached at the hip to this computer for far too long with the assignments for my stupid online course. I just finished my *last* assignment that is due this week. That makes me approximately 25% finished the course, which pleases me. It went fast. I'll be finished before I know it. Oh, and I got an A on my discussion contribution for the first part. Woo-hoo! I'm so like Lisa Simpson; I love being graded. And quelle surprise I got a good mark for talking online...
2) In sadder news, I learned today that one of my favourite teachers at my school has accepted a position at another school. This man is a saint, and it will be a huge loss to our school community because he does so much for the school. I'm really sad for this. I'm happy for him that he has a new opportunity, but I'll miss him.
3) In happier news, I have exactly one week until I see Rilo Kiley, then the next day it's Matt Good. At Massey Hall. With a full band. Sweet. Yay for concert-going goodness. I haven't been to a show since March Break.
4) I'm ashamed to admit that I've been sort-of-kind-of watching American Idol this season (just in the background as I do coursework and marking and the like). Anyway, it was so boring tonight that it facilitated me getting that last assignment completed. But, I was pleasantly surprised that the cliche-grunge-rocker dude that I was rooting for won.
5) I love short weeks. I can't believe that tomorrow is already Thursday. I've got a full complement of social activities planned for the weekend, during which I'll also be bouncing off summer travel ideas off of travel buddies. Fabulous.
6) If you are in Canada, go download the iTunes free song of the week: "Surprise Me" by Will Currie and the Country French. Love it.
7) I also picked up the REM tickets that I bought for Becca T for her bday. She knew the date of her bday surprise, so in a moment of weakness, she looked up what it was. However, she has not specifically said what she suspects I'm brining her to, nor have I said anything. For all she knows, I could be bringing her to the Death Angel concert which is also on that date. (I have no idea who that band is, but they sound scary, and they're playing with another band called God Forbid. Sounds like scary metal stuff to me. Which would really make a kickass gift, eh?)
8) Becca T is currently on vacay in France. Lucky. I think one of my next travel goals will be to go to France, specifically to see Versailles. I have to since I went through a big Marie Antoinette/Josephine Bonaparte phase last year.
All right, random Wednesday musings out! :)
2 comments:
Hooray for good grades!
Well, I was rooting for David Archuleta because he is a local boy. I've got to support the home team. He'll make out fine.
Anybody named Matt is Good in my book!
Hmm I have always disliked courses, online in particular where you get graded subjectively on things like participation etc. But awesome that its going quickly!
Also awesome that you're seeing MG at Massey, I'm passing this time around; I just don't see the Center in the Square being a great venue for a full rock band act.
Post a Comment