Thursday, September 18, 2008

I read you, and God I'm good at it. I'm so spot on.

Last night I had started writing a post and then I got distracted and totally abandoned the post, only to remember it when I was falling asleep in bed. Anyway, that post has been relegated to the dimension of deleted posts, since I couldn't really figure out what I was trying to say with it anyway.

I've almost made it through the third week of the school year, which seems like quite a feat. I'm still adjusting to the new schedule, which involves me teaching grade nines during period 4 when they are high energy, and I'm low energy. However, they were really good little scientists today, so I was quite pleased.

On my way home from work, my work spouse and I came up with the idea of having an old-fashioned girlie girl sleepover like those of our youths with some of our fave female coworkers. We could crash on someone's living room floor in sleeping bags, wear fun pjs, do up our hair in pigtails, prank call boys we like, watch cheesy movies, and maybe sneak into the liquor cabinet.

Ironically, on the same eve of this sleepover talk, I'm having one of my friends from high school crash at my place for a couple nights while she's in town for a conference. And, well, it kind of feels like a sleepover, which is fun, except that I have to get up for work way too early in the morning and teach teenagers instead of being one. It'd be nice to be able to trade places with them every once in awhile.

Anyway, there is a lot of concert news in my life. I have *seven* concerts now lined up between now and December. I've never had such a schedule before, but all of these shows are absolute necessities. They are:

- Two Hours Traffic (never seen but fell in love with their album Little Jabs)
- Weezer (last saw them in 2002 and vowed that I'd see them again. Bonus fun: I'm going to the concert with my best guy friend, his best friend, and my bestest bud Becca T. Such good company.)
- Great Lake Swimmers (my fave new band find of 2007)
- Feist w Hayden (this is a new addition to the roster... I really wanted to see Feist on her current tour and see Hayden since I haven't seen him in awhile. I'm really excited for this new addition for a multiple of reasons, actually.)
- Jack's Mannequin (I will probably be the oldest person there, but they are so emolicious!)
- Hawksley with Hey Rosetta! (I was so psyched when I heard this week that one of my new fave bands is opening for my always-beloved Hawksley.)
- Stars (Just added this week. I'm in row D!)

I think 2008 has truly been the year of the concert for me. I've seen most of my favourite artists (the only one missing is Mr. Ben Folds), gone to freakin' SXSW and seen a lot of bands I'd never seen before. Also, I've had really really good company for all of the shows that I attended, and that makes the shows extra-awesome.

And tomorrow's Friday! :D Talk about extra-awesome.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I am so ready to rock Friday. Work is for suckers.

Will there be 'pantie' pillow fights??

Claire said...

I went to a sleepover last weekend. It was immense! And I might be going to see Ben Folds in December.

Woot! Friday!

Cxx

The Grunt said...

You really should prank call guys for your sleep over.