Argh. I've been befallen by first-day-back insomnia. I was all over going to bed at a decent time so that I can get to work at a decent time this year, but I'm wondering if that will happen. Good thing none of my resolutions involve less caffeine, so I should survive.
Highlights of my weekend were making a tasty and healthy veggie chili, going to see the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" (excellent), and spending the afternoon marking with a pal at a coffee shop. It makes the job much less unpleasant.
After any length of time off I get very confused about very basic things about going back to work. At what time do I need to wake up? What do I wear to work? At what time do I leave the house? How am I able to keep a room of teenagers engaged for 75 minutes? Hopefully I'll figure all those out tomorrow morning...
I would like to see how many books I read this year. It'd be cool if I could read 52. I think I'm going to keep a brief record of what I read on my blog this year. Not long reviews or anything, just a list with a word or two. In fact, I may restructure my blog to contain less rambling, and more short little posts about what albums I discover, what books I read, and what concerts I go to. Of course, there will still be rambling in between those things because, well, I like to ramble.
I love the Freewill Astrology section in Now Magazine. As I've said before, I don't believe in astrology, but I'm not opposed to read it if it has good news for me. In this week's horoscope, there are three quotes for 2009 that are supposed to guide me (and other Aquarians, I suppose). I really like them, so I'll post them.
1) “A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be.” (psychologist Abraham Maslow... ha-ha... any good educator knows this dude and his hierarchy.)
2) “Dance in the body you have.” (choreographer Anges DeMille)
3) “When Reb Zusye went to heaven, God didn’t ask him why, in his life on earth, Zusye wasn’t Moses, but why he wasn’t even Zusye.” (historian Gerald Sorin)
I like all three of these quotes, and I'm going to keep them in mind as I stumble through, no, scratch that... I'm going to keep them in mind as I *dance* through 2009.
Listening to: Proof of Love by Old Man Luedecke (just got this album today... it might need a spot on last post's list 'cuz it's banjo-tastic!)
2 comments:
Those are the three things that I will be focusing on most. Especially, making and performing music!
I've only read two posts on your blog, but I like it. And I REALLY like the quotes you found. Thanks for sharing!! Good luck with the dancing. I totally believe in dancing, whatever form it takes.
Post a Comment