Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not stop 'til I get to normal...

Argh. These past few nights I've had homework. Homework. Eeeew. I should be doing some now, but I've decided that tonight's order of tasks will be blogging, TV (yay Thursdays!), and then homework. Or maybe just go to be early and make sure I'm early for work. But that strategy doesn't work, I know for a fact.

Yah, so I thought I have a bunch of stuff to say, but I guess I don't.

I came across this painting by a local artist named Melinda Josie in an article. I really like it.



I think I like it 'cuz:
a) We've all felt the way that poor cat looks;
b) But the toy reminds me that there's always comfort when you need it;
c) I like red coats;
d) I like leggings too;
e) I like her Mary Jane shoes; and
f) The cat reminds me a bit the ever fantastic Rilo, who was posing for my pal Mathew again the other night. I can never get good pictures of her.



Actually, now I'm seeing that I could buy a silkscreen print of it. I'm going to email the artist post-haste I think. There was this other painting a saw in Starbucks (of all places) the other day that I really liked. It looked totally abstract, but when you looked at it closely, you could see that beneath the paint, there was a collage of a crowd at a concert. Really perfect for me, but sadly out of my price range.

Anyway, happy weekend everyone! I plan to catch up on sleep, visit with friends, see Neko Case (for the first time ever, I'm so excited), and maybe finally go buy myself a bike. Oh, and then maybe bike rides!

6 comments:

wigsf said...

Okay, the first picture, kinda creepy. But that second one, hilarious.

JO said...

I love the picture of Rilo - and I think the painting is very nice.

That concert one would have been cool too - maybe when I win the lottery, i'll buy you that too!

Good luck finding your bike, it will be a good weekend to go for a bike ride!

Aaron said...

I like the sounds of that crowd painting.

Yea for biking, and >10 degree weather!

rawbean said...

I cannot lie, I am not a cat person at all! Oh well we can't have everything in common.

Claire said...

Oh man, I want a Rilo badge. :-)

Cxx

AlieMalie said...

Rilo is a doll! And I love that painting - I'm pretty sure someone kidnapped your cat and had her pose for them.