Sunday, April 05, 2009

Stumbling through the city with the ordinary birds.

Life in point form:

- had a pretty lazy weekend overall, with the exception of a very busy Saturday road-tripping to the Buffalo area with my pal Mathew

- Becca T was supposed to come but ended up not being able to as she had left her passport and birth certificate at her parents' place in Ottawa

- was very well-behaved well shopping. I did get a new pair of Chucks at the Converse outlet store (beige with red and blue stripes on the bottom), a new watch, a green canvas purse for spring/summer, and a cool pair of colourful ballet flats. Oh, and a pile of junk food that's not available in Canada.

- met up with Jason at the mall for a bit, had dinner, and he got to go to Target with us as we flipped out over various products that we don't have here and the general lower cost of food. I hope he doesn't think Canadians are too weird.

- I'm still obsessively listening to Kensington Heights/Too Slow for Love by the Constantines. I downloaded the new Metric album, but I haven't touched it yet.

- I finished reading the book "Twilight" today. I'm sure I would have liked it more if I was still a teenager. Now I'm reading a book about a small town library cat. It's pretty fluffy, but I'm kind of enjoying it. I think that Rilo would make a good small town library cat. She's pretty friendly. And cute too.

- Anyway, it's a four day week. Thank goodness. I forgot to mark this weekend.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

i am highly relieved you didn't like twilight because i was starting to feel like something bizarre was going on with the global obsession over it. i'm STILL reading edgar sawtelle but i think i am liking it much more than twilight! (i'm saying that in comparison to the "meh"s they both received in your highly scientific grading system) :)

wigsf said...

The US has much better junk food than The Canada. Well, they got a better selection of all foods, but you know, out of town, living it up a bit, you go for the junk food. And the Timmys extra large is big enough to drown in.

Claire said...

I'm so with you on 'Twilight'...I read that and 'Full Moon' and was just overcome with "meh".

Cxx