Wednesday, December 09, 2009

But the wind goes right through you.

Today was the first snowstorm of the year. I had a pretty hellish commute. There were delays on both lines of the subway. It took me twice as long as usual to get to work. Good thing I left early. Of course, I left early to get some work done, which obviously didn't happen. Oh well.

One of my friends at work was given free passes to some rugby movie with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman tonight and she invited me. When we got there, all of the seats were taken, so they gave us free passes to see another movie. We chose "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" which was quite enjoyable. We also ate lots of popcorn.

I feel that I'm not listening to enough Christmas music this year. Time's a ticking! The window of opportunity for listening to Christmas is short, and I have to take advantage of it. Right now I'm listening to all three of my versions of "Fairytale of New York": The Pogues, Pilate, and Stars. I'm making progress.

The other night I had a Rilo Kitty photoshoot. I feel that I'm quite reasonable with amount of cat content on this blog, so I'm going to hit you with some of the pictures. You will notice that Rilo's much chubbier than she used to be. Being a housecat suits her.

This is actually an older Rilo Kitty shot. I think it's hilarious when cats are cleaning themselves and they turn one of their ears inside out. It got a shot of it.

Here she is all focussed on catching the string on my camera. The look in her eyes is pure determination.


Here she is looking pensive. Pensive and chubby. Although her paw looks freakishly large.


I don't know how I got this one, but it's hilarious. I'm sure she's so happy with me for posting it on my blog.


Oh my photoshoot was inpired by the fact that I'm giving my dad a framed picture of Rilo for Christmas, since he misses his napping buddy from the summer. I have pictures of her in her skinny days, but I don't think he'd recognize those, ha-ha. I dunno if any of the above will work, what do you think?

Right now she's happily sleeping on two of my coats that I tossed on my loveseat. She enjoys my messiness: it provides her with a variety of new sleeping places every day. Oh she must have known I was blogging about her. Now she's sitting on my knee and purring.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

aliemalie said...

i especially love the pensive shot. it looks like she's focused on whatever she's about to swat - and what better to swat with than a freakishly large paw?!

Unknown said...

If they release it I recommend the Ed Harcourt Martha Wainwright version of Fairy Tale of New York.

Gorgeous pictures of Rilo Kitty there too.

I love the end of this post :)

wigsf said...

That cat is evil I tell ya, EEEE-VVIIILLLL!



I just want attention.

Miss Ash said...

Awww she's super cute, I say photos #2 or #3, the one reminds me of school picture LOL.

As for this weather...it blows....literally!