HOLIDAYS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
And can I say that I deserve my two weeks off?? The last week of school was insane with the annual talent show that I got roped into organizing. I had a lot of help from some places, and very little help from others, but all in all it was an *insert my last name here* production. And it was off the hook, if I do say so myself. Since I saw the acts evolve from the audition stage, to the dress rehearsal stage, to the big show, I was a little more invested in this show than the usual ones where I just watch. (That way is much easier.)
However, they all brought it. I was so happy and I bruised my hand clapping for all of my talented raggamuffins. Oh, and the nice thing about the talent show is that all the mean kids skip that day, and all the sweet ones stay, so the crowd is awesome and so enthusiastic. At the end of the show, I should have technically been angry, 'cuz the final group got the sound guy to play another song without permission and brought all the contestants on stage to dance, but I really liked it and it was so cute I didn't care. The big boss might have been a little cheesed since it was his time to go give the dismissal speech, but whatevs. So much spirit!
So yah, last week was a week of dress rehearsals, shopping with students for prizes and gifts, setting up the caf for the show, taking down the caf, organizing all the little details, and did I mention I still had to teach my classes? Anyway, I survived, and also got some Christmas shopping done and went to two birthday parties.
I have had a lazy, lazy weekend. That's okay since I have a bit of time before I set off for St. Ratford. I gotta finish off some shopping, clean the apartment, and pack, but I have 2.5 whole days for that.
I'm also putting my indie rock snob Christmas tunes into heavy rotation. Everyone should right now go to iTunes and download Slow Club's Christmas EP called "Christmas Thanks For Nothing".
Then go here and download the Ho! Ho! Ho! Canada playlist. I'm still working through it since it's pretty big, but so far my faves are the songs by Wilderness of Manitoba, Ohbijou, The Acorn, and Dan Mangan. Oh wait, now I love the song by David Carswell and Megan Barnes.
The title of this post comes from the brilliant 30 second song by The Acorn. As I was walking from the subway to school on Friday, my Converse sneakers against bare, dry pavement looked wrong. "How can this be the last day of school before Christmas?" I asked myself as I stared at my feet. We need a snowfall to cover up the summer's restless ghosts for sure. Thank you for verbalizing that so well The Acorn.
Oh now I love the song "Cinammon Winter" by Cinderpop.
I'm not a fan of these dark evenings though. It feels like it's so late, but it's not even 6 pm.
Anyway, I should be off. I might head off to Indigo (yay for late night bookstores) to do some Christmas shopping and perhaps get a decaf treat at Starbucks.
Happy Monday!
6 comments:
Happy Monday to you too!
Glad things went well for the show - ti sounds really wonderful.
I am slightly jealous of all you teachers being off already but you all seem to work so hard for the holidays that it does not last long.
All the best for Christmas!
x
Happy Monday, gorgeous! Oh, and, YAY WINTER VACAY!!!
Cxx
What a crazy week indeed! Good luck with the rest of your shopping, at least today is the shortest from the daylight perspective! All downhill from here!
Winter is certainly better with a bit of snow.
Glad to hear the show went well and I know what you mean about this 6pm darkness....boooo! Have fun over the holidays!
I am glad about the fact that the show went on well and I hope tht the winter is certainly better than summer but there should also be a bit of snowfall too.
Thanks,
Portable Storage,
http://www.moveablecubicle.com
Post a Comment