1) As I mentioned in my previous post, I watched the Grammies. I was really impressed by Pink's performance, and I have been listening to her song "Glitter in the Air" a lot. I don't often sway towards pop music**, but I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I really like Pink.
2) Our computer network at school has been down for two days. This is really annoying. I'm trying to do report cards and start a new semester. Grrrr. So annoying. Did I mention that I'm annoyed?
3) The return of my work spouse from maternity leave has provided me with so many belly laughs. Today she thought my period 4 class was a club because she was confused at what time of day it was. So much fun.
4) One thing that I'm proud of is that I'm a really great colleague. People are always thanking me 'cuz I share my stuff, teach them how to light cool things on fire, and support them. I realized this when I was out on Friday and I had all these young teachers hugging me and thanking me, and some kind emails in my mailbox. Conan O'Brien was right when he said:
"if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen." That's seriously one of my favourite quotes ever.
5) Speaking of amazing, I ended up on Bloor Street today after school, and wandered into a certain store that's really extravagant, but that I like. I fell in love with a pricey handbag (ie more than I've ever spent before, but not insane) and then they told me it was the last one in stock. I realized that I have a certain significant birthday coming up, and really, what every girl needs when she reaches a certain age is an extravagant handbag, so I bought it, and had it gift-wrapped, and I get to open it on my bday weekend. Right now it's sitting under my birthday tree.^^
Here's a picture of it. Yes, I'm so sad, that when I got home, I had to look it up online, where's it's also sold-out!

It's prettier in person because it has a bit of a gold undertone. I like the colour because it will go with anything, and isn't black or brown, which I already have.
6) Tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm excited for this weekend because I'm seeing GLS, and I'm going to get my other birthday splurge: an iPhone! I want to have it for my bday weekend, so the weekend before my bday weekend is a perfect time to get it.
**In all honestly, I sway towards pop music more than I'd care to admit. Shhhhh.
^^ Yes, my Christmas tree is still up, so now I'm calling it the birthday tree. Remember how I said in a previous post that I'm really inept in some areas of my life? This year, taking down Christmas decorations is one.
7 comments:
hehe random but good post!
I am going to check out that Pink album.
Is that a coach bag? Is it your first coach? I know when I got my first coach bag my sister-in-law was there and she said "awhh baby's first coach" Hehehe.....
I want an iphone too
AND great quote I agree.
I think that quote is going to go up on my desk to inspire me when I am working really hard to remember to be kind too.
Love the post - and so jealous of the handbag.
Women and purses.
I think I smell an Easter tree post coming up soon!
Beautiful purse - great splurge!
You are going to love your mePhone. When you get it, you should have a poll of what to name it...or you can do it the tradish way, which is name it after your parents.
"if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
OMG. I love it. And the birthday tree. For reals.
Cxx
PS That bag = love!
Be careful with the iphone. It can be addictive and very conforming. Still fun.
Post a Comment