Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I miss you now.

Long weekend soon! I need it. Not that I've been working overly hard *this* week (last week was the killer), but I know the next three months are going to kick my ass, so a break in advance will be good.

This song makes me very happy. Press play and listen while you read, if you'd like. The banjo's super neat.



So what's on store for the weekend?

1) Wearing some new threads. Yesterday I was annoyed with someone at work, so I remedied that by an after school shopping trip. First stop: anthropologie. Scored a sparkly silver hoodie and a black tank top on sale. Found a really neat grey tshirt with scrunched sleeves. Second stop: the Gap for new jeans. The guy working was a jean guru, and helped me find an awesome pair: perfect boot cut in dark blue. I wore the jeans today 'cuz was dress down (incidentally the cause of my annoyance), but they, along with the other stuff, will be in heavy rotation this weekend.

2) Warm weather. The forecast calls for summer temperatures (like 25 degrees) in southwestern Ontario over the weekend. Perhaps a little warm for my new hoodie, but I'm fine with that. :)

3) Lots of socializing. I have dinner with work friends tomorrow night, a wedding reception on Friday, a couple of coffee dates with pals from the Rat, and movie plans on Monday afternoon. Social butterfly? You know it.

4) Oh, and of course since it's Easter that does mean I'm taking the train to Stratford to catch up with the family and friends. I like train rides. While I take the train I will listen to the new Angus and Julia Stone album (Down the Way). Thanks (again) to rawbean for that tip. Depending on my mood, I'll read, or knit, or play DoodleJump (new addiction) on my iPhone.

5) This weekend's going to go fast isn't it? Gah. Hope it's great for all of you too. :)

5 comments:

rawbean said...

Oh my god I am loving the album so far (A&J Stone) its super sweet.

You have awesome plans for the weekend!! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I, unfortunately, will be working every day this weekend. But you have enough fun for the both of us, ok? :)

Claire said...

Long weekend, woot! Have a tonne of fun, lady!

Cxx

wigsf said...

Sounds like awesomeness is headed your way. Have a great weekend!

Miss Ash said...

I like the song but for some reason the singer sounds like Rod Stewart....am I the only one that thinks this??

Enjoy the long weekend :)