Greeting from a hot busy Tuesday, that was more like a Monday. Toronto's under heat alert, and it's okay except for the fact that parts of my school aren't air-conditioned and feel like a sauna. Luckily though, the science wing is air-conditioned so it's not too bad at all. I don't publicize that to people in the hot parts though. I just agree that I'm melting.
I'm excited to go see the Weakerthans tomorrow night. I love when rock shows finally roll around. Seeing the Weakerthans is always like a cleansing ritual for me. They are my *favourite* band, and have been for almost ten years now. I've seen them so many times that I've lost count. Anyway, seeing them is always a centre-ing experience for me. It reminds me of where I've been, and sort of reminds of me of what makes me me. Does that make sense? All their songs have become snapshots of my life and remind me of experiences, people, and places, and just make me happy. The show will rejuvenate me to get through one last busy busy busy month of school and get me in a good mindframe to rock the summer.
That's tomorrow. Then on Thursday, I'm going with a friend from work to an early showing of Sex and the City 2. That will definitely give me the girlie time that I've been craving. I think we're going to have sushi before or after, so I'll get some girl talk in. Phew.
Then it will be the freakin' weekend again. I love short weeks. Just thought I'd post again before the week melts away.
6 comments:
a big ol thumbs up for the weakerthans show. the whole reminding you of you thing makes perfect sense to me. sloan is the band that does that for me. i'm over a decade with them. god i feel old.
I'm jealous of your heat. It's cool and rainy-ish here.
I love short weeks too!
Let me know how Sex and the City is - I love that show but the trailer looks pretty bad.
I concur, it is rainy and generally crappy here. I can't wait to get some heat here already. I don't think we've hit 20 degrees downtown yet this spring.
Enjoy the Weakerthans! And your short week!
ha ha, word veri: envey
too hot to come up with a witty comment
That sounds like a cool week.
We have a three day weekend and short week coming up and that will be cool.
I get the way you get with the Weakerthans with Frank Turner. My life in London can be charted through his songs.
Hope you get what you need from the gig and from the movie/girl-date
I always love when I feel like a band has written songs that feels like they have been following me around watching, taking notes and then writing songs.....
Hope it was everything you wanted it to be!
Post a Comment