Sunday, November 28, 2010

Used to be one of the rotten ones and I liked you for that.

Randomness from this weekend:

1) I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 with my friend Teresa. Teresa and I used to really geek out over Harry Potter almost ten years ago, so it's appropriate that we went to see it together. I have one word for this movie: epic. I can't wait for part 2, but it will be crazy that the octiligy (I just made that up) of Harry Potter movies will be over.

2) I had a short time, but a nice time, chilling in Stratford this weekend. My dad provided with me with much amusement. Here are some snippets:

a) He already had a Christmas present purchased for his favourite buddy: Rilo. He got her a big bag of her favourite cat treats, and a purple catnip-filled mouse. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he'd already bought her that same mouse before. I was instructed that I must bring the presents home so she'd have them before Christmas.

b) I got my dad a massive biography about Napoleon for Fathers' Day this year. I think he's now on his third reading of this book. I tease him that it's becoming his bible. First thing he does in the morning is read a bit about Napoleon. Anyway, it's going to be hard to find a book to give him for Christmas that could hold a candle to it.

c) I asked my dad if he'd gone to McDonald's to get a free coffee. His response: "I'm not enough of a geezer yet to drive across town to get a free coffee!"

3) I am not feeling the Christmas spirit this year... at least not yet. I've done a lot of my shopping, listened to a bit of Christmas music, and even found at least one super fun new song. However, I'm not even feeling like putting up my little tree. I don't like this at all. Maybe I need to up my intake of Starbucks' Christmas drinks (which I haven't even felt like having) to cure this. Or maybe chug a litre of egg nog or something. Ugh, I don't like feeling Grinchy.

4) I've been listening to a lot of Broken Social Scene lately. I think it fits after the Feist binge I just finished, and makes sense since it's just a little over a week until I get to see them. I'm so into the song "It's All Gonna Break". The singing into my hairbrush kind of into. My favourite hairbrush line is "treat me like a sign, sounds like oh well. I know times like these are the hell."

5) I enrolled in the Spanish course I mentioned in my last post! I'm excited! It starts January 19th. I told my friend Fea about it, and she might take it as well, which would would be fun.

6) There are three more weeks of school until the holidays. It will be a crazy three weeks with the amount I have on my plate. I'll get through it: I always do, somehow.

Hope you all have great weeks!

6 comments:

galapogos said...

ha ha, could we possibly see a video of you singing into the hair brush? I feel I need a visual demonstration to really know what it looks like.

Isn't this Potter thing done yet? I was so over it ten years ago. Yawn.

Have a good week!

Miss Ash said...

Ahhh Rilo gets her presents early, lucky girl!

I've often thought about taking a course in another language or sign language but I've never bothered, good for you!

Jabba said...

I love your dad and his Napoleon books! My parents give Ziggy Christmas presents too - one year he got a 'stocking' full of mice and treats. Too much.

I'm not totally into Christmas yet either - but I've finished almost all my shopping (on Etsy!). I'm planning on fully engulfing myself in Christmas after we return from Cuba.

I haven't sung into my hairbrush for a LONG time....I wonder what Brad would think.

Unknown said...

Bleaching your teeth, smiling flash, talking trash...

Great song. I'm also struggling to find the Christmas spirit. Hopefully a night in drinking hot chocolate writing Christmas cards and listening to Christmas music will do the trick.

rawbean said...

Thats pretty awesome that your dad would cherish the gift you gave him so much. I buy my parents stuff and I know it just collects dust. So frustrating!

Princess Pessimism said...

I LOVED HP...and totally agree about the octiligy being over. I just had that converstion the other day with someone....8 more months and then no new HP EVER!! tragic