Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This snowman is shaping up to be an eight but not out of ten.

I love how time sort of has slowed down over holidays. Okay, well I *am* already at the Wednesday of week one (please week two never come), but it seems like so much has happened over these holidays already.

On Monday, my friend, her husband and I were essentially let loose in a warehouse full of shoes where we could take two free pairs each. It felt like some sort of bizarre game show. Does anyone remember that show "Supermarket Sweep" (I think) where people ran around a grocery store trying to spend the most amount of money? This was the shoe version.

After that, we met up with other friends for a delicious Thai lunch at a restaurant at Spadina and Bloor that I'd never been to before. I ate mango salad, spring rolls, cashew beef, and pad thai for only $7. Amazing.

Yesterday morning I was up and at them for a dentist appointment. At least the people at my dentist's office are super nice, so it makes me dread going to the dentist a little bit less. It was just for a cleaning though, and now my teeth feel nice and clean.

I walked home from my appointment and got my last gift. I'll probably still pick up some impulse items, but the list is done.

Last night was Jason Collett's Basement Revue at the Dakota and it was super fun. There were lots of great musicians and even some poetry reading. Lots of various members of BSS, Metric, and Stars wandering around. I was super excited to hear Ron Hawkins (of Lowest of the Low) play a few songs. That man has such a great voice. Ron Sexsmith also played, which was great. The end of the show was fun: some members of BSS came on stage and made up a couple of songs, and then the night ended with Torq from Stars and Jimmy from Metric singing a sad song.

Today I have to pack and meet up with Mathew for twice-postponed-sushi. Then I'll catch the train to Stratford. I'm really looking forward to a week of relaxing in my little hometown. I'm especially looking forward to catching up with friends. Tomorrow night (weather-permitting) I'm driving to London to have dinner with my friend Heather. Then, next week will be the thirteenth-annual Group of 9 Christmas, and we might have all nine attend this year. The only wild card, as always, is my friend Mel, and I think I'll send her a message right now reminding her of the event.

I'd end this post with "Merry Christmas" but I'm sure I'll have time to post from sleep ol' St. Ratford before then, so you'll just have to hold on for your well-wishes.

5 comments:

Jabba said...

Ummm.....the shoes? How did you score that sweet adventure?!

I'm still waiting to find out if I can take next week off - it's such torture not knowing!! The thought of 10 full days off work is super distracting and making this week DRAG!

We're getting last minute stuff ready for our Christmas too - Brad starts his vacation tomorrow so he's responsible for all of it!

galapogos said...

Sounds like another great show, and it sounds like you have been keeping very busy. I love sushi as well.

Have a Merry Christmas!

yrautca said...

Merry Christmas. Envious of your trips to hometown every weekend. Have fun and eat all you can!

Princess Pessimism said...

I used to hate that supershopping grocery adventure show...But I LOVE The idea with shoes. Where was that????

And all that food for 7$??? YUM!

Happy Holidays Christielli! Travel Safe

Claire said...

Free shoes and cheap Thai?

awesomesauce!

Cxx