Last night, or tonight, or whatever you should say when you wake up at 4 a.m. and decide to write a post about the night before was excellent.
I went to see Rose Cousins, whose album We Have Made a Spark, has been on heavy rotation ever since I bought it about a month ago. I saw her play at the Rivoli, which is a small bar that I used to frequent a lot in my university days. I hadn't seen a show there in awhile, and being there brought back fond memories of discovering the Toronto music scene.
Rose Cousins has a gorgeous voice, and her songs are absolutely heartbreaking. She opened with a cover of Blue Rodeo's Five Days in May and closed with a cover of Adele's Rumour Has It. As fun as those covers were, it was her own songs that truly shone. She was joined by a bunch of her friends, including Oh Susanna on vocals. It was such a nice memorable little show, and I was glad to be there with some really good friends.
Here's her new professional-like video for the song Go First. It's a song that breaks my little heart. Love it.
This concert evening is sandwiched in between my two Hot Docs documentaries. The first I saw was all right, however, we agreed it was more of a docu-drama than a documentary. Tomorrow evening's documentary, the one about aging supermodels, will be fun no matter what. I originally thought I might be going by myself, but now three friends are joining me. I guess aging supermodels are something that brings everyone together. You heard it here first.
4 comments:
Dude, aging supermodels sounds ace. Happy weekend, Miss Christy!
Ha! Ha! They certainly do bring people together. I know I would be up for that! I love documentaries too, but man does that other one sound depressing!
After I watched "The Shell" video on your blog and saw that you had tickets to go and see Rose I looked up the venue etc. as I would have loved to see her! The show was the day after my surgery so boooo, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself though!
It all sounds just wonderful. So glad you are having so much excitement. I hope May is kicking April's sorry butt.
Post a Comment