There are many things going on in the next week, and in the next few months that I'm really looking forward to. In an effort to remind myself of how awesome life is, I am going to list them here.
Next week...
1) I am going for sushi with my friend Katie on Monday.
2) I am hopefully Skyping with my pal Sandee (Go9) on Tuesday.
3) On Wednesday, I am going to a documentary at the HotDocs film festival with my friend Fea. It looks like it might be a bit depressing. It's about a 38-year-old woman whose dead body was left unnoticed in her London apartment for three years. There was an article about the film in the Toronto Star that was really interesting, so I wanted to go.
4) On Thursday, I'm going with a few friends to see Rose Cousins play at the Rivoli. I love her album so much, and I'm very excited for this show.
5) On Friday, I'm going with another couple of friends to another HotDocs documentary. This one's about aging supermodels. I had wanted to go to a different one that evening, but it sold out. When I read about this one, I figured my friend Eric would want to go, and he said yes right away. I really wanted to see a film at the newly renovated HotDocs theatre on Bloor, so I'm glad I get to go.
6) On Saturday, I'm heading down to Stratford to take my dad to MacHomer. I loved this play when I saw it in Toronto, and can't wait to see it again!
This month....
1) My 10K race is in two weeks! I'm as ready as I'll be, and my friend Jolene (Go9) is running it with me. It'll be fun!
2) I'm going to see the Joel Plaskett Emergency!
3) My friend Vern (Go9) is coming down for the long weekend.
4) The weekend after that, I'm running my first 5K race of the season. I'm hoping to beat my time from October 2011.
5) I've got my solo Patrick Watson show.
June...
1) There are tonnes of free shows going on in the city for Luminato and NXNE. I'm hoping to catch Rufus Wainwright, Matthew Good, Kathleen Edwards, Dan Mangan, and Ohbijou.
2) Jabba is coming to town!!! I'm so excited to meet her!
3) It's the last month of work!
The Summer...
1) Trip #1 - I have my tickets to see Feist play at the Folk Festival in Winnipeg with my pal Matt. I also want to rent a car and drive to Saskatchewan, so I can knock that province off my list (it will mean I've been to 9/10... all that's left will be Newfoundland). Then, I'll fly to Chicago to meet up with my pal Alex, and we'll spend a few days there, then roadtrip to Minneapolis-St. Paul's. (The order of this trip is still pending.)
2) My pal Wes from Vancouver is visiting Toronto! I haven't seen him in five years!
3) The Group of 9 is trying to organize a camping trip... It'll be glam camping though. My friend Joanna's family has a very nice trailer, I hear.
4) I will be planning a second trip in August too, but I haven't gotten it written in stone yet. I have ideas though.
So yes, I have SO MUCH to look forward to. I'm excited! Goodbye to April 2012. You were a rather crappy month with too much work, too little play, too much drama, too much sadness and I won't miss you one bit. :)
7 comments:
Yay!
So much to look forward to!!
This sounds so awesome!! So many good things to look forward to. I can't believe Jabba is meeting you before me.....sniff. She will have to report back all details.
I am excited for you about all of this. I will also let you know how amazing Patrick Watson is tonight so you can get even more excited. :)
Best of luck in your race.
Smile when the photogs are out. :)
I love documentaries. As much as the story about the sad story about Joyce Carol seems like a downer, I think something like that would help a person take better notice of people.
I am happy that you have some great plans ahead of you.
You summer is sounding awesome! Compared to ours - but I guess we are doing one big trip, then chilling for the rest of the summer.
Saskatchewan huh? Do you know anyone there? Let me know if you need tips.
I wonder if you should add a ball game in there. You know, so I can live vicariously through you!
Hooray!!!
Post a Comment