Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Blow off the roof and let in the dark.

I think I just wrote the best email ever.  This is how it went.

How was your trip?

I didn't know that you were home already! I'm off to Kingston to drink bourbon and see rock bands on Wednesday but will be back next Monday and I'm going to visit P. in the evening so you should come too if you can get away from your responsibilities and such. Or, if not, let's have lunch next Tuesday because then on Wednesday I'm off to BC to climb a mountain and ride a bike and hang out with new friends and reconnect with long lost friends etc.


Let me know!


I guess I just thought it was the best because it made me realize:

a) I have a lot of fun left in this summer.  I'm very excited about my Kingston and BC adventures that are coming soon.

and,

b) One should always have a close friend or two who live within a twenty minute (by foot) radius of oneself.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Love this post. Wish you lived so close, but as you don't, hurrah for Skype!

wigsf3 said...

You really sucked me in with that "best email ever" claim but I gotta say I'm a little bit underwhelmed. There's no mention of you over-coming over-whelming odds, like beating up a room full of Nazis, slaying a dragon, winning the world championship, blowing up the Death Star, getting pulled up on stage by Sloan and singing backup on Money City Maniacs, you know, something like that.

The Grunt said...

Squeezing out that last ounce of summer is always the best part.

Jabba said...

Right on! Here's to climbing mountains and drinking bourbon!