Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh Monday, Monday I'm done with you.

One of this things that I did this weekend that I didn't mention last post was to change up my hair colour a bit.  I felt that my hair got washed out this summer by the sun, and was looking a bit mousey brown.  So, I bought a dark brown hair dye (one that I've used before), and used it on Saturday morning and was quite happy with the results.

Over the summer, I forgot how any sort of change in my appearance becomes a talking point for students.  And not just those in my class... I got random comments from kids in the hall, former graduates back to visit, student council members, and staff members too.  I rather felt exhausted about hearing about my hair by the end of the day. 

Here are some of the comments that made me laugh a bit.

"Miss!  You dyed your hair!  Is that a physical change, or a chemical change?  Or maybe a bit of both?"

"Holy shhhh... You dyed your hair this weekend!"  (I appreciated the self-censoring here.)

"Miss, what colour was your hair before?  I liked it then.  It was nice." (Said by the sweetest kid ever.  I kind of wanted to un-dye it.)

Interestingly, I think the boys noticed way before the girls. 

Also, this makes me want to get my nose pierced or maybe a tattoo just for fun.  I wonder what the reaction would be like for those.

3 comments:

wigsf3 said...

Man up. Shave your head.

AlieMalie said...

Remember those magnetic nose rings? You need one of those!

Jabba said...

Ha! Yeah, get one of those piercings through the front of your nose. A great experiment. Actually, I'm sure it's been done.