On Friday, I went to see my friend Jane's friend play at a small cafe. It was a good time. I rarely go see local musicians doing their thing. I mean, everyone I go see has got a record, some buzz, a tour, and so forth. It's great seeing someone play mainly for the love of playing music. And it's fun to hear cover songs too! I enjoyed myself a lot.
My plans for yesterday got moved to today, so instead I watched the Dan Mangan documentary "What Happens Next?" on the CBC while drinking delicious tea from my Vancouver mug. After that I read and napped a bit, went for a run, tidied my apartment a bit, had a nice hot bath and finished my book, and then stayed up to watch SNL.
I also had an opportunity to take some time and just process. Think. Reflect. You know, all that stuff that I often keep myself too busy to properly do. However, I realized that I'm in a good place right now, and although things in my life haven't played out they way I wanted them to in say, oh, January of this year, I'm really glad they didn't. I tend to be a know-it-all when it comes to my life's direction, and this year has constantly proved to me that I don't know it all, and that I most certainly cannot predict the future. Thank goodness! I think things have turned out way better for me with the universe in charge of things, as opposed to me and my preconceived notions, and I'm thankful for that. I have to get better at living in the moment, and it's a work in progress, but it's progressing.
On Thursday, I had a fun impromptu after-school dinner & drinks, followed by some shopping. My friends the Alans (there are two of them and they are absolutely hilarious and there for you in a pinch) had helped me with a project at school so I told them I'd take them for coffee. However, we all were in agreement that something stronger might be in order, so we went to the new Bier Markt in Etobicoke. I had delicioius Leffe beer from Belgium (may be my absolute favourite beer) and mussels and fries. It reminded me of my day trip to Bruges in March.
After that, we headed to the mall to shop. I ended up splurging on a pair of amazingly cute boots. My calves aren't skinny, (I like to think they are muscular from running) so when the boot fits, I go for it. In addition I got some fall running clothes (long pants, long-sleeved shirt) for my upcoming races. I actually left my necklace, in the change room of Lululemon, but thankfully they held onto it, and one of the Alans picked it up for me. Also, the Alans are awesome dudes to shop with. They'll just sit on chairs outside the stores that I want to go to and happily play on their phones and then approve of my purchases when I come out. Everyone need Alans, I tell you!
Here's a shot of my new boots, complete with Ms. Rilo enjoying a new place to sit inside the shoebox.

Happy Sunday everyone!

4 comments:
Cute boots! I am so excited to head to Bruges tomorrow!
I love those boots and Rilo looks sooo cute in that photo!
I love taking friends shopping! When I think I shouldn't buy something because the item is a bit pricey my friends ALWAYS say "just get" whatever it may be and think of some way to justify the purchase!
We had a quiet weekend last weekend - it was too quiet actually. I had to finally go out because I was starting to feel too anti-social.
Those boots are cute - and what is with cats and boxes. I wish I had two Alans.
I'm craving some down time to think. Sounds like you got a lot out of it. I'm also craving some running. I might have to force myself out there. I also LOVE your boots x
Post a Comment