Today I had an excellent Skype conversation with my dear friend Becca T in Paris. We tried to Skype earlier in the week but we had a time difference fail. I thought she was five hours ahead of Toronto time, but in reality it's a six hour time difference, so she had to go to bed before I made it home for the call. Thankfully we could reschedule today.
This call was especially excellent because I couldn't help but remember that when I visited Becca T last Paris in March, both of us were struggling with things in our lives. However, we both had tonnes of great news to share with each other this time, and it was really nice. No need to drink wine along to Kanye West's "Runaway" these days.
The rest of my weekend was really fun too with parties, concerts (Beach House - awesome), and time for many friends. I even had time for a two hour nap today. Yay!
I'm really excited for tomorrow because I'm seeing Ben Folds Five for the first time since 1999. They were my favourite band in the world at that time, and they broke up after that tour. However, they've reunited and I'm so excited to see them again, and even at the same venue. (The venue's name has changed though. The Warehouse is now the Kool Haus. Lame, eh?) I'm so excited and spent some time thinking about what classic BF5 songs I'd like to hear tomorrow.
I know they'll play this one. But with the original swears.
Happy Monday everyone!
4 comments:
That all sounds so much fun - as does seeing Ben Folds Five - I really hope it is all you want from it!
Song For The Dumped. All other BF5 tunes pale in comparison.
Have a great time at the concert. I can't comment on ben folds five, I don't know their music at all? I know, I can hear your gasp from here!
I've never even heard "Runaway" until right now! Looks like I need to grab myself a glass of wine.....
Have fun at the concert!
Post a Comment