I don't think I've gone to two rock shows (in a standing venue) two nights in a row for a long time. It takes a toll on your body, especially when you have a job and and full exercise on social schedule on top of it. It really took it out of me and I was exhausted on Friday.
Stars put on two great shows. It was hard to determine which was the "better" show. My pal Karen, who went to both shows with me, and I debated which was the better show and the results are inconclusive. We enjoyed Wednesday's crowd more, but that could have been that we were closer to the front. Both set-lists had great songs and moments. Anyway, I guess it goes to show you that when a favourite band does a two-night stint in your town, go to both because they will both be great.
Thursday's show was also super cool because I finally met Miss Ash after years of blog friendship! We met up for the show for a great dinner. We ended up losing each other at the show (crowded venue) but it looks like another hangout is in our future! I'm so glad that I got to meet another super cool blog friend IRL.
The weekend was great. I met up with long-lost friends both on Friday and Saturday. Today I did some shopping, and ended up watching Forrest Gump, which I hadn't seen in years. That movie still makes me cry!
Well, it's late on Sunday night and tomorrow is another work day. But it's short week. Woo-hoo! :)
4 comments:
Yay, I'm so glad you and Ashley got together! Two of my very favourite blogging ladies :)
I'm so happy that we finally got to meet! Not only that but we'll be able to hang out again quite soon! Yay!
I really enjoyed the concert, they sounded great live and were very entertaining but it was hot as hell in there!! Whoa!
Awh - I'm jealous that you got to see Stars again and that you met a blogger friend that you can hang out with more often!!
Glad the shows were both worth it and you're not sick of Stars after all that!!
I am so in awe of the idea of seeing Stars two nights in a row. So glad you went and had fun!
Post a Comment