I feel that the blogging heyday was circa 2005-2006.
However, I keep this little thing going with its small readership because:
a) It's the only journal I've ever kept up. And it's nice having a record of my life. (Albeit somewhat santized... I never go full tilt emo on here, only a little bit... But as soon as I write "I'm feeling emo" boom, friends are checking in on me which is nice to know people care. Also, I am not emo, so don't worry.)
and
b) I've made so many great friends through this thing, that I can't let go, even though lots of my blogger buddies don't blog anymore. But some still do and I love their blogs.
Anyway, making friends through blogging has been great because I have friends now in several timezones. Which really works out when it's 11:30 pm at night and you need someone to talk to, and all of your friends are asleep but you think a-ha! It's early in Vancouver and you send out a text. This is why I'm up so late.
Also, you have people to visit when you travel. Or people who visit you.
Ok, sleep now.
p.s. Life is apparently really strange and the world is small. Too small.
2 comments:
I'm a total slacker when it comes to my blog but I still read other blogs :)
I also love that I've been able to meet cool people from around the world via blogging!
I feel the same about my blog - I've been slacking off lately but it's such a great record of my life! When I think of how much effort I used to put into my blog compared to now, it blows my mind. I always says I'm going to get back into it, but it feels like nothing interesting enough ever happens to post to my three readers!!
Post a Comment