Thursday, December 05, 2013

And any book I’ll ever read, you’d be the line that sticks out to me.

I'm working on getting my Christmas groove on.

I've got a good chunk of my shopping done, and I'm definitely knee deep into the Christmas event circuit.  Tonight I went to a Christmas concert at school (I like to support the kids), and this weekend I have two Christmas parties: one Friday night and one Saturday night.  In between the parties, I'm going to run the 5K Santa Shuffle, because I think paying for exercise is the only way I'd get out of bed to workout.  (And my race fee goes to charity, so yay!  And I'll get a medal.  And I always like races.)

But, I still don't have my Christmas tree up, and I haven't been listening to Christmas music yet. This is odd for me.  I feel like I'm bah-humbugging it, and I'm questioning if it's worth even putting up a tree this year.  However, as my friend Fea said "it's always worth it" so hopefully I have a chance to do that this weekend in between the parties and the race and all of the other things I need to do.

3 comments:

The Grunt said...

I feel as fat as a mall Santa after Thanksgiving. Does that count as being festive?

rawbean said...

Even I have a tree up (I never do this) so you have to!!

Jabba said...

Usually this would be the weekend we would start talking about maybe putting the tree up. We won't get to it, next weekend hopefully! Enjoy your christmas parties!