Sunday, February 02, 2014

When you float like a cannonball.

Point form summary of the past few days:

1) The National is playing three shows at Massey Hall, and I was unaware.  Once I became aware, I checked and most of the tickets were sold out, but I could still find some decent single seats for one night.  I figured why not?, and bought one for myself.  I like taking myself on dates to see bands.

2) I got sick on Thursday.  I think it was food poisoning or something.  Anyway, I was lucky that we had a morning exam, and I left as soon as I could to go sleep.  I even had to cancel my usual Thursday workout.

3) Thankfully I felt better on Friday.  I had an exam on Friday morning, then spent the afternoon preparing for semester two. 

4) After school on Friday, my friend Fea and I went to the spa and then out for dinner afterwards.  It was really relaxing and really nice.

5) I got back into the winter running groove this weekend.  I did a short run (4.8 km) yesterday, and a long run (9.7 km) today.  My feet got wet, but I stayed warm.  I enjoyed both runs, and I'm thankful for the cemetery for being a great place to run; not a lot of slush builds up on cemetery pathways.

6) I finished all of my semester one marking last night at the neighbourhood Starbucks with my pal Fea.  Yay!

7) I scheduled a hair appointment for 4 pm today, but as I was hopping on the streetcar, my stylist called me to tell me he was running late, and asked if I could come in an hour later.  That meant I had an hour to kill in Kensington Market which was great!  I went to Fresh Collective, which is one of my favourite indie clothing stores.  They were having a massive sale, and I scored a dress and two pairs of really nice shoes (for spring though) all for about $100.  I saved over $324 off their full prices.  I can wear the new dress tomorrow but the shoes will have to wait.

8) After my hair cut, I stopped by the vinyl store Sonic Boom, and found a limited edition live album by Damien Rice.  He hasn't put out anything new in years and year (in fact he only has two very good LPs to his name), but the one time I saw him (in the fall of 2007) was one of my favourite shows ever.  Anyway, this little live album is great, and a nice reminder of how much I love his songs.

9) Oh, my friend Karen scored us tickets to Neko Case at Massey Hall in May.  Yay!

Well, I should get ready for bed.  I no longer have first period prep, so I have to get to school earlier to avoid stress.  Hope you all have nice Mondays!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is all very good stuff. So cool. :)

Jabba said...

At least your stylist lives near a cool neighbourhood! Score on those shoes by the way. I JUST downloaded the Chvurches album, it's awesome. That's all my music news which pales in comparison to this post.

Kevin said...

LOVE the title of this post. One of my two favourite Damien Rice songs.