Sometime ago, I read that every season of Gilmore Girls was going to be on Netflix, but only American Netflix. Boo for me as I haven't gotten around to figuring out the trick that allows a Canadian to access American Netflix. This is actually OK because I spend more time on Netflix figuring out what to watch as opposed to actually watching stuff. Therefore, I prefer having the smaller selection that Canadian Netflix offers.
Back to Gilmore Girls. I used to watch that show sporadically back in my university days. I believe it was on on Friday nights, and usually I'd be partying, studying, or on a train to Stratford on Friday nights. I was always in and out of that show, but I really did like it. I was sad when I heard that it would only be on US Netflix.
But then, all sneaky-like, it appeared on Netflix this weekend! Well, actually it might have been before that, but I didn't notice until the weekend. My friend Wes had tweeted "The entire series of Gilmore Girls is on Netflix. Cancel life," but I'd missed that since I was like doing stuff or something as opposed to being on Twitter.
However, upon my discovery, I spent a chilly afternoon/evening indoors watching yesterday. I got six episodes in and the show is bringing me so much joy! Did you know Kirk had a bunch of different names at the beginning? And it's so sweet to watch Rory connect with her grandfather at the golf club. And the wake for Cinnamon, the cat? I wish I lived in Stars Hollow. I sometimes think I belong more in a quirky close-knit small town as opposed to the big city. Surely there must be one of those out there that needs a science teacher, right? And there's gotta be a version of Luke's Diner in that town too.
So, in summary, if you need me, I'm probably watching Gilmore Girls.
3 comments:
Amazing. I own all the DVDs and may just have to rewatch. Soon.
#TeamSukie #TeamParis
I am always watching Gilmore Girls - watching from the beginning is great. It took a while for them to keep in lovely Kirk as a recurring character hence the beginning and oh my goodness I love the early episodes where Luke is so passionate about the environment and Rory is so young and and and...
Yes. I think a weekend watching Gilmore Girls is a weekend well spent.
HA! I just did a post about how we cancelled cable and how happy that makes me.
However this is the third time in less than a week I've heard someone mention how great this show is. I think I'll check it out!
Post a Comment