Work is, at least. I have all of the marking under control, and the planning aspect is under control thanks to the fact that I have someone else (student teacher) teaching 2/3 of my courses. This momentary calmness will last another week, and then it will be back to normal.
I volunteered to "supervise" boys' basketball practice on Thursday as a favour to my pal Nigel (who repaid me last Friday with the shaving cream high-five) and as a strategic move. I figured that if I was forced to stay in the building an extra two hours every Thursday, I could dedicate that two hours to intensive marking, and hopefully stay more on top of things, and reduce the amount of homework that I have to do. Well, since I'm on top of things, right now I'm chilling and blogging.
(Note: "supervise" refers to the fact they just need a certified teacher around. There are very nice volunteer coaches who take care of all of the sports stuff. I'm just sitting in an office right now.)
Anyway, it's nice to have my work life under control at the moment. I should be using my time to start planning the new course I'm teaching next semester, or even working ahead on exams and such, but I feel that during this Thursday's forced stay at school, after blogging, I'm going to curl up with a book.
Tomorrow is a PD day, so tonight kind of feels like Friday. This weekend will be mostly chill I think. I'm doing a run before the Santa Claus parade with my friend Sara. It should be fun.
I'm super excited because my friend Melly, from Winnipeg, told me last night she need a couch to crash on in Toronto on Monday. I haven't seen her since she lived in Kingston two years ago. I tell you, November is the month of faraway visitors!
Well, that's about it. I just wanted to use my extra time to check in on the old blog. :)
1 comment:
It sounds like you are doing a really good job of catching up with everything. I think curling up with a book seems like the right call this time.
Post a Comment