Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sloooooooooo-an, Christmas, Florida & Montreal

1) Sloooooooooo-an

On Saturday my friend Mathew, and some other friends by extension went to see Sloan on the final night of their Commonwealth tour.

As you all know, I am a huge Sloan fan.  I'm sure I could write hundreds of thousands of words on why I think they one of the greatest bands ever, but I won't bore you.  Let's just leave it at that I really really enjoyed their two-set show.  Yup, you read that correctly.  Sloan are so awesome that they open for themselves!

Highlights of the set for me included some gems from "Twice Removed": "I Hate My Generation" & "Worried Now".  I also loved "If It Feels Good, Do It" because that's an anthem to live by if there ever was one.

Bonus: I bought myself a super cute Sloan toque!  Of course, it ended up be 14 degrees today, so I couldn't really wear it.



2) Christmas Tree: I just finished putting mine up while listening to She & Him's Christmas record that I picked up in St. Louis back in May. 


3)  I'm being sent to Florida for work next week (Dec 8-11).  I'm being trained for our school's fledgling International Baccalaureate program.  I'll be in classes every day until 3:30 pm, but I'm hoping that the weather is nice so I can spend some time in the sunshine.  Then, as soon as I get back from that, I'm off to Montreal for a wedding.  Talk about crazy busy!

2 comments:

jason said...

sloooooooooooooan, good to hear you enjoyed the toronto show.

nice toque!

hope you have safe travels.

captcha: turning findurf.

Unknown said...

Love the hat, and that you got to see Sloan!