I always get to airports too early. This morning I'm off to Las Vegas (first time ever) for adventures with my friend Claire, who flew there with her husband en route to Hawaii.
Anyhow, to save money, I took the TTC out to the airport, and because I like to avoid rush hour and leave nothing to chance, I got here pretty early. Also, who knew what kind of havoc the Pan Am games would wreak upon the airport. The answer, is not much. Apart from having to dodge a large group of people wearing Mexican track suits, it's pretty quiet here. The check-in, customs, and security lines were all swift, and I was at my gate in about twenty minutes.
Extra airport time is always fun if you're in the shopping Mecca that is Heathrow, or even Terminal 1 here in Toronto. However, I'm sadly sequestered in the US departure section of Terminal 3. I was craving the idea of a Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich, however, a pane of glass separates me from that as it is (unsurprisingly) located in the Cdn departures section.
Instead, I found one of those ubiquitous airport restaurants/bars, where I just finished a surprisingly good wrap and I'm drinking coffee and staring at a lot of booze at the bar ahead of me. Thanks for free wifi, I can use this time to catch up on blogging, emails, and the like.
I've had a fun past few days. On Tuesday and Wednesday of last week I took in some free Panamania concerts at Nathan Phillips Square (my beloved and often seen Joel Plaskett Emergency, and my Canadain guilty pleasure pop punk Marianas Trench). I love the spirit the games are bringing to the city and I'm kind of sad that I'll be missing out on Stars and LIGHTS next week. (But I've seen them both before and Vegas awaits.) There will still be more free shows into August for the ParaPanAm games, so no loss.
Also, I am cool with Kanye playing the closing ceremonies. Torontonians are annoying complainers. (Although I would have been happier if they chose Drake!)
I also got my hair cut and my nails done for my trip. Then I did a decent cleaning job of my place and cooked dinner for a friend on Friday night which I haven't done in FOREVER. My stove was like WTF, I'm sure.
I went shopping at Vaughn Mills with my pal Vern on Saturday, and then on Sunday went to the Jays game where they played like they always should. In the evening, as I was doing laundry, I streamed the gold medal baseball match between Canada and the USA. It was one of the most exciting and wildest baseball games I've seen. Fun!
Well, I apologize if this post is full of errors because I don't feel like proofreading. I think I'm going to splurge on a magazine, and go read that until my flight.
1 comment:
Enjoy your trip! Bet everything on red! (Or don't!)
Post a Comment