I headed to Stratford for a chill weekend. It was a friend's baby shower, so I figured why not go, but I only made it a mini-trip (left on Saturday morning and came back Sunday night). I didn't do a whole lot when I was there, other than go shopping for a present, and then go to the actual shower.
We are now finished first semester, and it's exam week. I am chugging through the marking. I now have six sets of term work left to deal with and two sets of final exams. I'm feeling like that is getting under control, but then there is the fact I have to get ready for another semester.
Tonight I get a break when I go to Pitch Talks. Woo-hoo!
Also, it's really dreary today. Man, I could use sunshine.
That is all.
1 comment:
I've never understood the concept of the baby shower. I mean, I understand it from the POV of the parent, but not from the POV of the guest. The parent is like "Hey everybody, I'm having a baby. Buy me a crib." And then the guest is like "Okay. Here's a crib. It has a monkey on it."
If I was the guest (which I have been and bit my tongue through the whole process) I would be like "Hey, I didn't tell you to get pregnant. If you aren't prepared to raise the kid, you shouldn't have gotten pregnant. Not getting pregnant is the easiest thing in the world. Don't do it. Shazaam! You ain't pregnant."
Let me tell you something. It doesn't stop at the shower. This time next year, you'll be getting invites to shower baby's first birthday. Because a baby knows it's their birthday, right. Everyday for the first year of the baby is the baby's birthday. People giving the baby presents and lots of attention.
Then you get the mom bitching after the party because nobody took photos of the baby at the party. Hey Mom! If you want me to take a photo of your baby, ask me to take a photo of your baby. Or take the bloody photo yourself instead of partying with your friends while your sister-in-law and her boyfriend babysit your baby for two hours.
Thanks. I needed to get that off my chest.
Post a Comment