I was able to catch a bit of the Blue Jays' first Spring Training game today after school. I had the game streaming on MLB.TV as I was trying to (unsuccessfully) get some marking done.
It was nice to have baseball on in the background, as I messaged my friend Mathew, who was also watching. We both found the commentators extremely dull.
It was also kind of weird to watch because it was essentially the Jays' younger players trying out for a spot on the roster. One dude dropped an easy fly ball and I yelled "CUT HIIM!" which brought me an odd sense of joy. (Of course, I shouldn't be judging; I probably would drop the easiest of fly balls).
***
I had a nice workout at the gym today. I used battle ropes for the first time. It was funny, because I've seen videos of various Blue Jays using these things in their off-season training, and it looks super fun and super easy when then do it, but those fucking ropes are heavy. I wonder if I'll be able to write on the chalkboard tomorrow.
***
Today I bought baseball tickets. Jays vs KC in August. Yes, a game in KC! ALCS grudge match! I'm so excited. I'm meeting up with my pals Alex and Wes for our second Missouri baseball meet-up! How things have changed in two years. In the past, when Wes said "let's meet up for a baseball game" I said "sure!" and this year was "I'll only go if the Jays are playing." Anyway, it all works out and since Alex lives close to KC we can meet up while she's super busy during the US election.
***
There's supposed to be a big snowstorm tonight. SNOW DAY TOMORROW? (It won't happen.)
1 comment:
Judging by the lack of activity on this page since this blog was posted on Tuesday, I'm guessing the snowstorm destroyed the entire universe.
As usual, the snowmageddon warnings were much ado about nothing.
Post a Comment