Monday, April 18, 2016

If you need me, I'll be under a pile of lab reports.

It's report card season!  Aka one of my four least favourite times of the year.

When the report card deadline nears, my procrastination skills skyrocket. I had three good chunks of downtime this weekend that I could have used to tackle the 13 sets of lab reports that I've let pile up during the first half of this semester, but instead I used them for sleeping, watching baseball, going to the gym, going for a walk, getting myself a better internet plan, getting into meaningless arguments about sports I don't follow, and reading an entire detective novel in one sitting.

This evening, the time for procrastination was over, so I spent over an hour shooting the shit with friends at work.  I got a ride home most of the way home with one of them, and then walked a few blocks home in the beautiful weather.

I passed by my local pub and noticed the Raptors game was on.  I really wanted to watch because I have a vested interest in the game.  Remember how I mentioned meaningless arguments about sports I don't follow?  One of my baseball friends called the Raptors garbage in our Jays WhatsApp chat, and I got mad about it and the resolution was that if they make it into round 2 of the playoffs, he pies himself in the face on video, and if they don't, I pie myself in the face on video.

I decided to grab a beer and a burger, and claim a table for marking.  I got three sets done!  And the Raptors won. Now I'm only three Raptors wins away from not getting pied, and 9 sets of marking away from getting caught up.  Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

jason said...

hehe. i don't follow basketball, but good luck with the raptors.