During Christmas break, I went to Cuba. Bought an oil painting on canvas in the market in Havana. Intended to get it framed.
At the end of March, finally dragged my ass to get my paintings framed.
Of course, out of all of the different frames, I pick one that turns out to be on backorder. The back order kept dragging on and on and on. The store kept calling me back and saying "We're so sorry, it's never taken this long before... It will be two more weeks." I say "Well, it took me months to bring them in for framing, what's another 2 weeks?"
Anyway, they were finally done on Friday. I picked them up today. I got a discount for the insanity. Woot. Pictures of my nicely framed paintings are below. (The pics are crooked... they're actually quite straight on my wall thanks to the sharp eye of my roomie.)

Anyhow, my P1 class wrote their exam today. I took them (the exams, not the class) to Starbucks and marked them while enjoying a banana creme frappucino (highly recommended).
While marking, I realized that I am probably Starbucks' target customer because their music was totally suited to my tastes (Damien Rice, Rufus Wainwright, Dashboard Confessional). Felt like I was listening to my iPod. (Actually, I was... but I kept hearing lots of songs in between the songs on my iPod.)
Anyhow, 2 more sets of exams to be written and marked and I'm ever so close to summer!
11 comments:
Kick ass paintings! I especially like the second one, very cool :)
I love the paintings, especially the bottom one. Starbucks *shiver*, evil, evil I tell you! :)
Have fun marking the exams. Summer is almost here. :)
Awesome Artwork!
I should work at Starbucks. The music alone will be heavenly for me. (However, I must confess, I've never been to a Folk fest. I was told it would be my kind of music and my kind of crowd.)
i'm dumb when it comes to artwork
way dumb
please add some Amos Lee to that collection of tastes. damien rawks!!! (softly) haha!
I really like the second painting, the colors are vibrant and tells us a story
Excellent pictures. Sometimes delays in getting things are not all bad.
I am love with the banana creme frap as well.
Scott
wow those paintings are fantastic!!! I'm sure they really brighten up the appt!!!
Hope you enjoy your last few days.
I am quite excited you are close to summer - yet why that is?; I am confused as it doesn not affect me..........Either way.....
I love the photos - I always collect one piece of art when I travel ...I don't care what it it is - bu one piee is always my momento
Nice pics! I love getting art while travelling...it just adds to the fun!
I'm Starbucks obsessed. Don't get me started :P
you have good taste in artwork.
i love the atmosphere at starbucks, however i'm not much of a caffeine fiend. i like their smoothies though. i feel like i'm speaking a foreign language when i try to order something there - my sister had to teach me what everything meant, i.e. 'vente', 'frappacino' - whu??? etc.
whoa, both of those are great great paintings!!
and score on the frame discount!!
where are your pictures hanging??
Post a Comment