Whoa, long time no blog. I've been sort of MIA from the universe of the Internt for the past few days. Just haven't felt like staring at a computer screen for a bit, I suppose.
Well, school's pretty much done with. We have some grad activities and such to finish off - Thursday is officially my last day but really all I have to do this week is clean my desk and organize my binders for next year. Long live vacation!
The weekend's been pretty good. My friend Mathew had a bday get-together on Friday night. After going for dinner at Marche (or Richtree as it's now called) we went to someone's place to chill. The apt was right by the university which made me feel *almost* like the clock had turned back.
Last night Becca T and I hung out and watched the movie North Country. We drank some South African wine; perhaps starting a new trend of having our wine match the nationality of the star of whatever movie we're watching. It was a pretty powerful movie; I cried a few times but I blame the alcohol which sometimes makes me hyper-emotional.
I bought a CD on impulse this weekend - "Puzzles Like You" by Mojave 3. I was at HMV and they were playing it and I thought whoa, this is super fun summer music - I must have it! But they were selling the disc for $22.99 which is ridiculous, so I crossed the street to another store and got it much cheaper.
Hmmm, yeah, so right now I'm spending my Sunday afternoon doing laundry. The laundry night in my building is typically super busy on a Sunday night, so I was wary of attempting it on a Sunday afternoon, but it looks like everyone procrastinates with their laundry 'til Sunday night, thus leaving it really empty on Sunday afternoons.
In concert news, I'm going to see Dashboard Confessional/City & Colour next Friday. Then, on Canada Day, I'm going to Edgefest which is sure to please my inner 17-year old because Our Lady Peace is headlining. Keane, Hot Hot Heat, Mobile and Neverening White Lights are playing too. Should be fun. Oh, and I also scored Sarah Harmer tickets for July 27th which is the day before I leave for Britain.
So, I guess my summer's shapin' up to be OK.
5 comments:
Love Keane. LOVE. I need to go out and get their new CD. The last one was great. Did I mention I love them? lol
Have an awesome time at Edgefest! :)
ohhhh, Dashboard Confessional/City & Colour would be an awesome concert, I hope you enjoy it. And what's up with Edgefest these days, it use to go across the country, but now it only has dates in Ontario. I enjoyed watching OLP at Edgefest in 1997, when it still came here to Saskatoon. I hope to see Neko Case in July when she comes to Saskatoon, that's all I have planed for right now, although I am seriously considering going to the Warped Tour in Calgary. :)
yay, concerts! Did you check out that Arts&Crafts show that was on the island there? Feist and BSS were playing there, along with Bloc Party and some others. I'm not sure on the details, I got an email from them :P
You lucky Toronto people, lol
HMV is always more expensive than pretty much any other record store. I don't get it. They are huge, you would think that they could get better deals for their customers, or that they would pay more attention to the customers who go and buy anything that is not a Top 40 album.
Scott
oooh, i'm so jealous about keane/OLP/sarah harmer. be sure to blog all about it later!
Post a Comment