So, the high school reunion wasn't the wild party that I'd imagined. We stuck our noses in at a respectably fashionably late hour, saw that there weren't many ppl reunion-ing, and went to a pub instead and had our own mini-reunion.
On the bright side, the lack of wild party meant that I was in driving condition and was able to give my pal Wendy and her cousin a ride home. They had hoped for fun times too, and were planning on take a cab home, but I stole the 'rents car and drove 'em home instead. The only reason this is note-worthy is because I got to take the fourth road out of town. There are four main roads leaving St. Ratford, and I'd used the previous three during my week home, and I was psyched to have used the fourth.
I also ended up doing a little reunion-ing on the train. I sat beside a girl who was in my grade 12 English class and we had a fun chat.
When I arrived back in Toronto, the subway at Union Station was crazy busy because people were leaving a Shakira concert (or such is my hypothesis).
My friend Joanna is my latest real-life friend who was pressured by me to start a blog. Her first non-test post is great, and I predict great things from her blog.
I'll leave you with a funny joke that I heard today.
A priest was giving a sermon on the evils of alcohol. "If I had all of the beer in the world, I'd throw it in the river. If I had all of the wine in the world, I'd throw it in the river. If I had all of the whiskey in the world, I'd throw it in the river." Satisfied with his dramatic speech, he sat down. The cantor stood up to lead the congregation in the next hymn. "Let's all turn to page 345, and sing the hymn Lead Me to The River."
4 comments:
No it's not, i looked it up.
Shakira.... was she at Union Station because that would have been sweet.
Scott
I'm pretty sure my highschool will never have a reunion, but if for some reason they do, I would never go. I can't think of anything less fun than going to a place just to be judged by people you haven't seen in ten or more years that I never even liked in the first place. I still keep in touch with the very few people I liked, and I no reason to see anybody else. :)
lol, funny joke though. :)
bwa-hahaha
Great little joke.
I second every single think wes just wrote. Reunions are not for me.
Oh gawd my high school reunion is coming up....I be getting old! :P
Wish it was the wild party you expected it to be! Cute joke.
Post a Comment