Thursday, August 10, 2006

Travelling. I. Only stop at exits.

I've been pondering as to how I'm going to present my vacay pictures in my blog. I'm going to assume that I'm probably going to do nothing much else photo worthy over the summer, so I figure I'll spread them out over a few posts organized by country or city. Today's pictures will be from my actual old country: Wales. (I'm 25% Welsh. My dad's dad came over when he was 12. I learned from a magnet that I purchased in Wales that my hardy Welsh surname means "mighty army". So don't mess with me. Also, my surname's motto is apparently "My God, My Wales".)

Before the pictures some random meandering from my brain:

- This cold that I brought over from the UK is kicking my ass. I'm very tired.

- As a result of said cold, I spent the morning reclining on the couch watching CBC Newsworld being very thankful that I was safe at home and not flying out of London today on account of today's heightened airport security due to the foiled terror plot.

- I'm loving my new laptop. It's still got the new computer smell and it's got a really nice widescreen monitor. Last night, my fabulous pal Mathew came over to help me transfer all of my files from my old hard drive to my new one. Nothing was lost. All of my music and pictures were safe. Oh, I guess I should be glad that my work stuff is safe too. But we all know what's really important - the music.

Okay, so without further adieu, here are some snapshots from my time in Wales:

Below is the castle keep at Cardiff Castle. The first set of treacherous castle steps that we climbed. Thankfully we didn't have to wear chain mail.


View of Cardiff City from the Castle. In the left hand side, you can see Millenium stadium where Madonna incidentally played the evening before.

I took this picture of a Welsh beer truck because I found it amusing that the beer was called "Brains".

A traffic jam in the Welsh countryside.


The longest town name, spelled phoenetically here.


The Snowdonia mountians in Northern Wales.

I saw lots and lots of sheep during my trip.

This is Llangollen, a picturesque town in Northern Wales.

Stay tuned for more pictures of Ireland, or England, or London, or whatever I feel like depending on my mood...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures!!! i cannot wait for the rest. and congrats on having all your files successfully transferred. and don't lie, it's not about the music...it's about the p.o.r.n.

wes said...

lol, I got a cold when I was in Europe too, it must be something in the water. :)

I love the beer brand Brains, just think of all the slogans you could come up with that name. And the traffic jam is priceless, silly sheep, don't they know streets are for cars. :p

Congrats on the puter, and I expect a good name for it in the near future. :)

Scott said...

Great photos... Snowdonia looks amazing.

Feel better.

Scott

X said...

Awesome stuff! The Brains pic is pretty funny!

My name apparently means purity! LMAO!

m@ said...

Grazy Welsh!

Lea said...

gorgeous! i would like to go to holland and to finland one day to explore my generational roots one day as well....

Anonymous said...

Good luck, your life seems interesting!

Peace and Love!

Dominic Ebacher
ebacherdom.blogspot.com