I've spent the past two hours doing work-related stuff at the ol' computer. Apparently I haven't had enough typing, so I'm going to do the ol' blog questionnaire that I've seen making the rounds.
1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog's content and look?
Content: I babble about what's on my mind. I'm more or less happy with that. Sometimes, I've wished that I was a little bit more free about what I blog about (ie things that really bother me don't come up here, because I tend to bottle things up), and I've also wished that sometimes my topics were more substantial. Oh, and I'd also like to do some sort of weekly features like other bloggers do, but I haven't *yet* thought of something innovative and creative.
Look: I'm still digging the summer rockstar make-over of the blog.
2) Does your family know about your blog?
I believe I've mentioned that I blog to my family. However, my immediate family (ie my parents) are totally un-computer savvy and would have no idea of how to find my blog.
3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
When I started my blog, I think I aimed to keep it private from my friends, so that I'd feel free to write my deep dark secrets, whatever they may be. However, I ended up having so much fun blogging that I opened my big mouth and most of my friends know about my blog and have told me that they're huge lurkers. (Hello you lurkers you!) I've also roped some of them into blogging.
4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
I don't know if blogging has changed my actual thoughts (I'm set in my ways) but I think I'm more expressive. One thing that's for sure is that I'm constantly composing posts in my head.
5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I'm very faithful to anyone who comments. I like to find new blogs every now and then using the old "next blog" button.
6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?
I don't really care about the number of visits that I get. I'm into the counter more for the amusement of finding out how people get to my blog (today's funny referral of the day is "where does Antonio Banderas live?"), and seeing where they are from.
7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
I have mental images in my head of all fellow bloggers. Even for the ones with pictures. I wouldn't be surprised if my mental image is different than how they actually look, despite the pictures.
8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?
Yes. It's improved my ability to transfer thought from my brain to computer screen.
9) Do you think that Blogger's society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
No, I'd wager it's a reflection of the real world.
10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it is a normal thing?
I'm all for constructive criticism.
11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I don't fear political blogs but I do tend to avoid those who are on the opposite spectrum that I am. Everyone is entitled to express themselves, and I'm entitled to avoid those who I disagree with.
12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Yes, it was very shocking when they arrested me. Ha-ha. What kind of question is this??
13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
I really think it would be cool if I could blog *from* the afterlife. That should really generate some publicity, eh?
14) What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
I would never link just one song to my blog since my listening mood changes constantly. I normally just quote what ever song I'm listening to in my post title.
15) The next "victims"?
If you want to be a victim, go for it.
5 comments:
It's funny how some people keep their blogs from friends and whatnot. I think it's cool if you want to, but I guess I'm just very open about myself and don't really have many secrets so I don't care who sees it. Unless I complain about work, lol, then it's shhhh's all around ;)
I'm constantly composing in my head too. Just imagine how much I would blog if I had access to a computer all the time. :)
heh, i'm with you and Wes with the always composing in my head. in classes, on the road, in movies, during conversations with friends, listening to the radio - anywhere and everywhere.
anyhoo ... take this as my official delurking.
:)
AM
hahaha
i think you'll somehow find a way to blog from the afterlife. after all, you're.... you.
you are a faithful blog poster as well as commenter - thanks for that!
wishing your dad a speedy recovery...
Post a Comment