Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Last year's wishes are this year's apologies.

Things that made me happy today (as opposed to very annoyed which was yesterday's mood du jour):

1) A latte purchased with a gift card.

2) Books. Not one specifically, but I really do enjoy books as objects. They give me warm fuzzy feelings.

3) Going for an evening walk and finding out that it's not cold outside.

4) No snow on the sidewalks. I figured out today that I am not opposed to snow. As long as it is contained to areas that I do not have to walk on.

5) The song "I'm like a lawyer with the way I'm always trying to get you off" by Fall Out Boy. Bad titles and teeny bopper status aside, the damned thing is catchy. (Please don't mock me for liking it. It's a guilty pleasure, okay? Hee-hee. That's what I say about all the bad music that I listen too. I'm actually finding it rather unnerving that my list of guilty pleasures is growing quite quickly.)

6) A friend calling me just to let me know that John K Samson of the Weakerthans was on CBC Radio for Canada reads. Which lead me to talk on the phone instead of actually listening to the show...

7) The fact that there are 8 more school days until March Break.

4 comments:

wes said...

New CDs give me that warm fuzzy feeling. :)

You don't have to say its a guilty pleasure, you can just say you like it. I won't think any less of you, I promise. :)

AlieMalie said...

send me your snow ... any that you don't want ... i'll take all of it.

:)

Aaron said...

Chance of a snow day tomorrow added to that list?

I think you can give alie any snow above and beyond what's needed to close the schools.

And just a heads up, my host crapped out on me and didn't let me post a re-direct page, my site is now at void.team-scout.com! TGIalmostF

s said...

i laughed at you snow comment. I was watching the news while i read it and was watching people walk into slush. Good timing i guess