Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sleepless long nights that's what my youth was for.

10 random things that have been running through my mind:

1) I just ate strawberries and yogurt. Strawberries are my favourite of all the berries.

2) I'm wearing new jean capris that I bought awhile ago. I like them a lot.

3) I dance better in my mind than I do in real life.

4) I need to get a light-up sign in my room that says "Do not think about anything stressful past midnight!" The past two nights, I've been tossing and turning in bed thinking about the most ridiculous things, and gettting stressed out and irritated. Then, the next day, I realize the stupidity of my thoughts and wonder why I got all worked up. In general, I tend to be a pretty laid back person, but I guess when I'm over-tired that goes out the window.

5) I booked my movers. I just need to book the elevator and pack my stuff up. Moving day is July 14th by the way.

6) I've also booked my flights for the Western Canada Extravanganza.

7) I spent 15 minutes today looking for my misplaced keys. (They had fallen behind a chair.) I honeslty got convinced that I'd left in the door and that my sketchy neighbours across the hall must have stolen them.

8) I'm hoping that the course I'm taking this summer might be a good place to meet guys, because really, that's really the only way I can make myself look forward to it. I'm required to take this course to get my permanent contract, and I don't think it will be hard like the course I'll be taking next summer (which will result in me getting a raise). I dunno... maybe there will be guys there. But, they will be teachers. And, in theory, dating a teacher would be okay because we'd have the same vacay time, but on the other hand, teachers are an odd sort and there really aren't that many younger males in the profession... or at least not that I meet.

9) Today I ate the most delicious fudgsicle.

10) There are three more full days of teaching left. And, for two of those, we actually have shorter classes. Oh summer my friend, you are so close to being here!

3 comments:

wes said...

lol, "book the elevator"? That makes no sense to me.

Whenever I do something that I think will lead to meeting girls, it never happens. You always end up meeting them in the weirdest, unexpected ways. :)

Kelly said...

My favorite berry is a raspberry

The Grunt said...

Raspberry rules! One sign that a fellow teacher is too old for you is that he is wearing one of those tweed jackets with the elbow patches sewn on.