It's so nice to be all warm and inside during a big storm, don't you think? In fact, I'm all for storms hitting on the weekends, as long as they don't interfere with any plans I have. There's a storm that hit Toronto tonight and is supposed to last for tomorrow as well, and it suits me fine.
So far I've had a really good weekend. On Friday night, I went to see one of my favourite musicians, Christine Fellows, play at a really unique location: a small old church in the middle of the downtown core. It was really pretty and sounded amazing, and I enjoyed it a lot. She opened with my very favourite Christine Fellows song, Souvenirs, and every other song was excellent too. The only drawback: my butt was sore from the church pews after sitting on them for about 2.5 hrs.
Today was a super fun day, even though it started with me cleaning up the disaster zone that was my apartment (yay for having a clean apartment now). I had my annual tradition of exchanging of gifts with a couple of friends from university. I got some really good stuff like Jack and Sally (from Nightmare Before Christmas) figurines (or should I call them action figures?), photo albums, a crochet book (called "The Happy Hooker" LOL), a fun Starbucks mug for hot chocolate, and a stuffed Starbucks penguin that I've decided to re-christen as a duck. We also have an annual tradition of having dinner at Swiss Chalet. Mmmmm Swiss Chalet.
This evening, I saw the movie "Lars and the Real Girl" and it was very good and very different. I would definitely recommend it if you like quirky movies, since it is simply quirktastic.
Tomorrow I am going to venture out in the storm to go for sushi with a couple of friends, and relax and maybe knit a bit. My next project is a pair of socks, and they are going to take forever to knit because I'm using a really fine wool and small needles, and I have to knit two of them of course. I don't know about this project, but I'm going to try to commit to it, because I spent $10 on the wool.
5 comments:
I've been wanting to see that movie.
Did someone say something about a storm?? :p
Have an awesome Christmas! :)
if i were a teacher, i'd probably still be hoping for the big storms. but not the ones where only the schoolbuses are cancelled, and the school is still open.
hope you enjoyed your sushi
yay for penguins.
good luck with the socks. :)
Sounds like lots of fun honey :-).
Yay socks - bonne chance!
Cxx
Post a Comment