...as of today...
1) Christmas cookie scented tea lights that I got at the Superstore for $3. Makes my place smell like I've been baking which, of course, I have not been.
2) Reese's Puffs Cereal - oh so sugary goodness. Definitely the peanut butter equivalent of Calvin's sugar-coated chocolate bombs. I'm not allowed to buy a box of them for at least another week (don't want to develop a nasty habit), but they are a wonderful thing.
3) Sarah Harmer - she is my singer du jour.
4) Second Cup Moccachinos - I'm cheating on Starbucks, but I'm really into these things lately.
5) Finding the perfect gift - my present box in the corner of my bedroom is overflowing with them at the moment
6) Finding a new dress for $25 for Friday's work Christmas party - it's fun, it's purple, and it means I won't have to go with my dull back up dress.
7) Bus rides when they're not crowded - especially when it's cold outside and the bus is super warm.
8) Becca T's thought-provoking "So what do you guys think of the cover artwork?" question when 3/5ths of the book club had not read the book. Everyone could contribute to that.
9) Christmas lights - they're not out in full force yet, but they make the fact that we have barely any more daylight left these days a bit more bearable.
10) The kids at my school - they always make my day somehow. Today it was the fact that a bunch of them were absolutely impressed and fascinated by a finished mitten that I made while I was showing it to a another co-worker/knitter. Their comments made me smile.
ps I'd take a picture of that one fabulously finished mitten, but I'll wait 'til I have the pair completed. I'd feel that a picture of a single solitary mitt could quite possible be a dreary forewarning of a hand injury of some sort - a la Buster in Arrested Development.
3 comments:
haha @ x-mas baking scented candles, those would be awesome!
the one thing i can't wait for every year is getting a nice fresh cut tree in the house to go with the baking smells. but i'm sure there have been spruce scented candles for years.
good luck with that last mitten!
That cereal sounds divine.
Oh, if you haven't already invested in Christmas lights you should check out the LED ones. They are much brighter than incandescent lights, use less energy, and hardly ever blow out. They are more expensive to get, though.
so? are you finished with your other mitten? you should be since you haven't been posting! even the ever elusive WES has a more recent post. sheesh. :P
let's see it!
Post a Comment