Last weekend was spent cleaning my apartment for my super belated housewarming party, buying snacks and beverages for said party, and then cleaning up after said party. The party was super fun and went well and I totally need to make sure that I throw more parties in the future, but this weekend feels so relaxing in comparison without having a party to plan for/clean up after.
Anyhow, this weekend has been great with lots of time to relax, walk around in the cold-but-sunny weather, and drink a lot of hot chocolate.
I bought the Juno soundtrack this weekend, and I've been listening to it incessantly. I saw the movie over the holidays and really enjoyed it, and enjoyed the music within the film, and I'm so glad that I got the soundtrack. It's a fun listen. I'd previously been constantly listening to the new Hayden album In Field & Town that came out this week. That album is also very strong as well. It might even be my favourite Hayden album as a whole.
I think I'm going to have to put myself on another spending diet. I think besides food, necessities, and the odd latte, and sushi only once a week, all I'm allowed to buy until my birthday in February is the new Hawklsey Workman CD that's out on the 29th. I say this because a) I generally spend too much money (hello new pair of jeans that I bought yesterday), and b) it looks like I have an exciting trip coming up for the February long weekend, which fortuitously coincides with my birthday. On Wednesday, some of my friends from work and I hatched a brilliant plan to either go to New York City or to Las Vegas that weekend. Anyhow, we're in the researching stage of this trip, and we are going to vote tomorrow whether to go to NYC and Vegas. I've never been to either place, but I'm really hoping that we end up going to NYC because it appeals to me more than Vegas, but heck, I'll go anywhere.
Now, I should stop procrastinating via blogging, and write a test for my period 2 class, so that I can go out for coffee this evening with Becca T. Enjoy the last few hours of weekend! :)
5 comments:
Totally pulling for NY. Vegas is fun, but NY has fun AND culture. Glad your party was fun!
Congrats on the successful housewarming, and more congrats on being able to relax for a weekend with exams coming up. All my teacher friends have been exhausting themselves.
Glad that you got the place clean. this is important.
Thanks for the Juno reccomendation. Such a good album.
I'm pulling for NY as well. I have never been there, but I have been to Vegas a few times and it doesn't interest me at all. :)
I almost bought the Juno soundtrack last weekend, but I am on a spending diet right now.
Post a Comment