Yay for relaxing yet productive Saturdays! I did not overly sleep in today, and got to the gym and ran some errands all before noon. I love getting that stuff out of the way.
One of the errands I had to run was picking up a package from the post office that I'd ordered from Amazon. It was a bunch of copies of the book "Jamaica Inn" by Daphne Du Maurier that is the next pick of my university-friends book club. Anyhow, I had ordered the cheapest copy of it that I could find, and I found one for $7 each. Anyhow, it arrived and I found out why it was cheap; it is actually a levelled-reader version of the book intended for middle school students. I laughed really really hard when I opened the box. I called Becca T, who is a member of said book club, and told her about and she suggested maybe we should read this version instead since maybe then that way, everyone would have time to finish it. Hee-hee. As a result of this mistake by me, (although I argue the fact that this is a kids' version is not stated explicitly anywhere in the book description) I've now ordered real copies, and now I have another errand to run because I have to send the books back.
Anyway, as a result of my earlier productivity in the day, I'll have some time to grab a yummy moccachino down the street and spend time reading. Tonight, I'm hanging out for Becca T for dinner and perhaps a movie, and then we're going to head downtown for a free concert (Tokyo Police Club). I'm not overly familiar with them, but it's free, so a good way to get introduced. It's outside, so I hope it remains fairly nice out like it's been earlier today.
Next weekend is the free Weakerthans show downtown, so I'm very excited for that. Then, I have my NYC trip to look forward to. (We haven't "officially" decided on NYC, but I'm pretty sure that's what we'll do.) So yay for happy things to look forward to. Definitely makes the huge pile of marking that I have to deal with this weekend less depressing, as the fact that I'll have to spend my week marking exams.
ps Last week was one of those weeks where I had to listen to the Stars' song "Today Will Be Better, I Swear" each and every morning. Have you ever had one of those?
3 comments:
Hmm perhaps blind luck that I haven't ended up with one of those readers myself, I'm always looking for the cheapest price on Amazon.
The Tokyo Police Club concert was part of that fire/light exhibit at city hall no? Hope it was a good time.
Unfortunately, I've had a lot of weeks like that.
That is funny about the book.
Yay for being relaxed and productive at the same time.
Boo to having mark billions of exams.
And this week? Totally going to turn into a "Today Will Be Better, I Swear" weeks. God, at least I pray. D tomorrow's any worse than today was, I dunno what I'll do. Crawling into the nearest cave sounds like a plan pour moi.
Post a Comment